Wurttemberg M15 wappen

USN

Hello all,

I have a new project coming my way and am in need of a wurrtemberg M15 wappen. If anyone has a spare or knows of one please let me know!

Thank you,
Will

Yes for some reason the M15 Wurtt pickelhaube is very hard to find. Locating the wappen alone will be a challenge.

Yes, that's a very hard one to find on the loose.

I had one w/broken off antlers, and the wire loops may have been re-soldered on it years ago. Unfortunately I sold it 3 or 4 years ago. I believe the person who bought it ended up re-selling it on eBay a couple of years ago.

I see a loose M15 example on rare occasion on eBay US/France/Germany maybe once every 1 1/2 to 2 years time at best. They simply don't show up very often.

Best Wishes,

Alan

A friend of mine went to a military show in Texas and decided to splurge on 4 haubes one of them being a shell and front visor with a depot repair across the skull and it just happened to be a wurrtemberg one so I told him I'd take it and restore it I will be posting photos soon if I can get them the proper size

A fellow collector recently purchased the foot locker of a WW1 US vet. In it he found a Württemberg M'15 helmet along with a diary. In the diary the soldier wrote of how during the occupation period he was quartered in the barracks of a Württemberg regiment and that all the guys in his unit got a helmet. So where are they now?

Very good question, id imagine some probably ended up with prussian or baden plates. I acquired a pickelhaube a while ago that had a mark to the baden 110th grenadier regiment that had a prussian plate on it which helped me get it at a much cheaper price so id imagine the same could have happened to wurttemberg pickelhauben.

I am also considering just finding either a wurttemberg marked uberzug or a plain one to put over this one until I can find a proper wappen

b.loree said:
Yes for some reason the M15 Wurtt pickelhaube is very hard to find. Locating the wappen alone will be a challenge.

Brian knows who has hidden all the wurttemberg M15. :D :(

I scored a gray Wurt plate from Age of Kings some years back.

I have not seen any Gray Wurt plates on any of the E-bays for quite a few years now .

A brass Wurt comes up for sale almost every 2 weeks on the e-bays.

When I first met Tony years ago in person, even he did not have this M15. I bought mine 20+ years ago along with a Bavarian M15 at the MAX Show in Pittsburgh. I sold the Bavarian during a divorce but kept the Wurtt. I knew I could get another wife and a Bavarian :D but not the Wurtt. M15!! Yes Amy, if anyone has multiple Wurttemberg M15's it is you! :thumb up:

When I first met Tony years ago in person, even he did not have this M15. I bought mine 20+ years ago along with a Bavarian M15 at the MAX Show in Pittsburgh. I sold the Bavarian during a divorce but kept the Wurtt. I knew I could get another wife and a Bavarian :D but not the Wurtt. M15!! Yes Amy, if anyone has multiple Wurttemberg M15's it is you! :thumb up:
Funny that we see more wurttemberg officers than we see wurttemberg m15

Yes indeed Amy, the Wurttemberg Officer is much more common than the M15. I own one, sold another and of course, Tony has one. I did manage to buy a repaired M15 wappen from Manions decades ago but again sold that off as well. That is the result of 40 years of collecting, I have never seen an M15 for sale at the SOS. They are probably much more common in Europe??

Yes indeed Amy, the Wurttemberg Officer is much more common than the M15. I own one, sold another and of course, Tony has one. I did manage to buy a repaired M15 wappen from Manions decades ago but again sold that off as well. That is the result of 40 years of collecting, I have never seen an M15 for sale at the SOS. They are probably much more common in Europe??
Thats where I found this one, UK eBay

Brian, I have been searching for a M15 Wurttemberg for several years now, but to this date never found one. I should have never let go of my Wurt M15 years ago, they are also very rare here in Europe.

Good to know Coert, I always imagined that there would be more in Europe but now I understand. Looking back, I have even seen more Oldenburg helmets during my years of collecting than Wurttemberg. Btw, my helmet has the M15 spike which does not twist off which is even more unusual.

Brian, I have been searching for a M15 Wurttemberg for several years now, but to this date never found one. I should have never let go of my Wurt M15 years ago, they are also very rare here in Europe.
I will be listing one on the sale page by end of this week. No extra holes wurttemberg

Back