ww1 officers trunk

michiel

My latest find is not very valuable one, but interesting nevertheless
It's an officers Trunk named to E Burckard medical Lieutenant

it is made of wood covered with linen and painted green with metal reinforcement to the edges en metal rings to secure it when stacked away,
leather belts around it secure closing apart from the copper locks.
It has a nice patina and wear.

It is ornamented with a French and an English flag.

I could not attribute it to a specific person (Google did nog give a lot of results) and I don't know from what country the former owner originated.

Google seems to show that this named was used al over Europe and the states, (German Swiss, French British... ).

It's a beautiful item with the linen structure, metal and leather ornaments.

And being a Medical Doctor myself I could not let it go when I stumbled upon in on internet.

Attachments

• officers trunk E Burckhard.JPG
    officers trunk E Burckhard.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 20
My latest find is not very valuable one, but interesting nevertheless
It's an officers Trunk named to E Burckard medical Lieutenant

it is made of wood covered with linen and painted green with metal reinforcement to the edges en metal rings to secure it when stacked away,
leather belts around it secure closing apart from the copper locks.
It has a nice patina and wear.

It is ornamented with a French and an English flag.

I could not attribute it to a specific person (Google did nog give a lot of results) and I don't know from what country the former owner originated.

Google seems to show that this named was used al over Europe and the states, (German Swiss, French British... ).

It's a beautiful item with the linen structure, metal and leather ornaments.

And being a Medical Doctor myself I could not let it go when I stumbled upon in on internet.
Nice item
How much was the shipping ?
Steve

Hello Michiel

I'm sorry to spoil and the canteen marking is ww2

We used to call doctors by their former ranks: aide major 2eme classe, aide major 1er classe, major 2eme classe, ...principal 1er classe....

LaurentView attachment 41836
bonsoir, Jupiter

apparement vous savez / croyez que c'est français?

je parle un peu de Francais,
continuons en Anglais...

you have a beautiful collection of them!,
do you think the english flag on my trunk is in fact a red cross painted over?

Thise are soms really beautiful trunks! Such pieces are very wanted, even by people who don't collect militaria. It's just a very decorative item as well!

Interesting. I did a search on Ancestry and cannot find many Burckards with that spelling in the military records. I did find an English Royal Army Medical Corps Lieutenant AEA Burkard from WWI but without the "c" in Burckard. Probably not him if it is in fact WWII vintage. And if he was WWII he might still be alive so his records would not yet show on Ancestry. Can't find anything else. Sorry. Very nice trunk regardless.

Attachments

• download (1).png
    download (1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • download (3).png
    download (3).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Interesting. I did a search on Ancestry and cannot find many Burckards with that spelling in the military records. I did find an English Royal Army Medical Corps Lieutenant AEA Burkard from WWI but without the "c" in Burckard. Probably not him if it is in fact WWII vintage. And if he was WWII he might still be alive so his records would not yet show on Ancestry. Can't find anything else. Sorry. Very nice trunk regardless.
thank you very much for your effort!

Back