WWI Austro-Hungarian caps

bcalkins

Hi,
Let's all your AH caps. I'll start the ball rolling with a few. At the suggestion of Gus, I'm trying to post for the first time...let's hope it works.

wwi-cap

OK, I will post a few photos of a cap I found in the breast pocket of a tunic given to me in 1972
Holzner151.jpg

Holzner152.jpg

Holzner153.jpg

Holzner155.jpg

This cap was worn by Fedinand Holzner of the Reitende Tiroliean Kaisersschützen during WWI, there are no markings in it, as the liner is missing (if there ever was one).
Best
Gus

Great cap Gus. Not uncommon at all to find these with the lining removed. I will give posting another try now...

Great caps, I think I am going to like it better when you could not post photos:) because now I want more.
Best
Gus

Seems like the Austrians are the ones who influenced the Wehrmacht's famous M43 Cap after all...
Thanks for sharing these!

Here is another...

Typical red wool regulation lagerkappe for prewar mounted troops...but this cap is dated 1916!

bcalkins said:
A very interesting cap!! Do you have a photo of the inside?

Nothing interesting (no stamps or any other markings). Crude linen liner, light leather sweatband, nearly unused.

Markgraf,
I just noticed on looking again that your cap has a Honved IFJ cockade. As far as you know is it original to the cap? If so...too bad it's nor issue stamped. Honved caps are really hard to find. Would you sond me any and all pics you have of this cap? I would really appreciate seeing it.

Thanks,
Briam
[email protected]

Back