WWI tanker helmet id help

siquisiri

Companeros,
Can someone help me in the id of this helmet? It is supposed to be a German WWI tank helmet. Any ideas?

89tankhelm.jpg

thanks
siquisiri

Hi Francisco,
I don't know, looking at that only photo, is dificult to say, but it can be a Italian helmet tankist/moto...
Otto

Hi Francisco,
After reading the ebay listing, I doubt that this is a WWI German tanker helmet, there were very few WWI German tankers and helmets like this one were used through WWII and by everything from tankers to cyclists and aviators. To be anythis special, it should be marked, but even then, markings can ge faked.
Best wihses
Gus

I believe this helmet is Spanish. They were available in considerable quantity in the U.S. about 20 years ago and are frequently passed off as Third Reich police motorcycle helmets.

Rerservist1

Hello Friends and Collectors,
Spanish WW11 Tankers Helmet-missing brass eagle frontplate-similiar to NSKK Crash Helmets-but lack the quality & padding.-King Weasel

The helmet is an Italian design, but this one does look like it might have had a badge on the front, thus it is probably Spanish.

Italy used these in Lybia and Ethopia in the 1930s, and then during World War II and after.

The Spanish ones were were used mostly post-Spanish Civil War by Franco's forces. I've never seen a photo of these in use during the Civil War. Italy sold these to Spain, and they remained in service until the 1960s.

zipperheads9 said:
:lol: I thought Canada was bad
Hey Mark, so did most of us, but Brian straightened out at SOS, but did you know that Canada thinks they own the North Pole, every one knows that the US laid claim to it when we sailed under the ice cap several decades ago, besides, there are no penguins there anyway.
Gus

Ahh Artic Camo ,we just let you go up there .We just send out the Grizzlies and polar bears

Man Mark, you Canucks are getting rather militant, isn't it enough that you have invaded Idaho with your wolves? and thistles? Come to think of it, I would say that you have already won.
Gus

Back