Yes I love ersatz pichelhaube.

Great collection. I especially like that you have a thread that runs through your collection rather than collecting across the board. It must have taken you a long time to find these very rare helmets. Thanks for sharing.

Great collection. I especially like that you have a thread that runs through your collection rather than collecting across the board. It must have taken you a long time to find these very rare helmets. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Awozny for your appreciate. You are right, some items have been difficult to find especially in the conditions I request.

Excellent helmet Zeb, I have never seen a Bavarian ersatz tin feldgrau before . I did own a Gbr. Bing long ago but this is very cool to see. 👍

what an interesting journey into the world of ersatz helmets..............thank you for the insight and showing these superb pieces.

How to recognize a Bing production at first glance?
What should you look at?
At first the circular base of the spike: the thickness of the edge of the circular base is higher than the models of other manufacturers.
And again observe that the base is fixed with round head screws as the standard M 1895 helmet. The circular base is removable.
In addition, the original brass the splits have a particular rounded cut.20211011_140012.jpg
20211011_140027.jpg

Back