Yes I love ersatz pichelhaube.

The rear spine is shorter than a regular M.1895 helmet.
The fastening system of the wappen to the helmet body is particular and unique for this type of helmet.
One of the producers of this type of helmet was Marklin, a company known for the production of toys and20211011_140617.jpg20211011_140622.jpg20211011_140634.jpg20211011_140634.jpg toy trains

Awesome helmet Zeb! I have only seen one of those straps before and that was on an M95 Bavarian belonging to the late Chip Minx. I restitched the front visor. Also rare to see a Baden tin ersatz helme. 👍

Awesome helmet Zeb! I have only seen one of those straps before and that was on an M95 Bavarian belonging to the late Chip Minx. I restitched the front visor. Also rare to see a Baden tin ersatz helme.
Are you sure Brian? I know the Bavarian model and is quite different. This chinstraps is in two leather's pieces with a buckle and an oval metal loop. The M91 metal attacks are similar. I could have some photos in my archive. I'll search for.

Zeb, your collection is truly awe inspiring. That Baden helm has just given me a new "unicorn" to hunt down! Congratulations and thanks for posting so many beautiful helmets.
Steve

Zeb, your collection is truly awe inspiring. That Baden helm has just given me a new "unicorn" to hunt down! Congratulations and thanks for posting so many beautiful helmets.
Steve
Many thanks Steve for your appreciation.
The beauty of collecting is to collect real testimonies of the past. There are still many unicorns, chimeras, dragons and other mythological animals on my wanted list. But I can say that I have captured the griffin. 😁😁

Congratulations Zeb! An excellent Bavarian Pionier ersatz helmet.
Does it have any markings?

Regards, Coert.

Back