YouTube

I saw that one too a month ago. Nice to look at the old black & white footage shown. Although there are some small mistakes in the comment, it was enjoyable to watch.
But there's another guy, from Belgium who has nice films, which he posted there, Johan R. Ryheul. He restorded and improved original footage from WW1 , and posted it on You Tube.

This is just 2 of his video's, he posted a lot more..
Check out his You Tube, and click on video's. You will be able to see lots more nice ones.

Thanks for posting the video John!

Regards, Coert.

I saw that one too a month ago. Nice to look at the old black & white footage shown. Although there are some small mistakes in the comment, it was enjoyable to watch.
But there's another guy, from Belgium who has nice films, which he posted there, Johan R. Ryheul. He restorded and improved original footage from WW1 , and posted it on You Tube.

This is just 2 of his video's, he posted a lot more..
Check out his You Tube, and click on video's. You will be able to see lots more nice ones.

Thanks for posting the video John!

Regards, Coert.
Coert
Thanks very much for posting these videos. They are amazing! I will look for his others on YouTube
All the best,
Michael

Coert and John,
Thank you for sharing these fascinating historical films from the First World War. Each provides a story that would take volumes to write.
Best regards,
John

I like his audio-only podcasts, they're perfect for when you're doing small things, such as but not limited to looking at pickelhaubes, learning about pickelhaubes, and reading about pickelhaubes, and drinking a good beer while looking at pickelhaubes.....

Thanks Sandy! At first, when I saw it I thought it was real, until I read the reactions, then I knew it was reanactment. Looks very realistic though.

Felt the same way. I was just thinking what a good resolution the videos had, compared to the pre-war era. But the progress has always been immense back then, so I didn’t care. But the cola joke was too much :sleep:
Anyway, the guys from „Bekleidungsamt-13“ are doing a very good job, very fond of the details of their uniforms 🙃

Nice, but with the music it appears like a romantic movie full of desire. I think the producer would choose a different music if he was part of this war.

Back