Zipperhead 9

Gustaf

Staff member
We lost a member recently, Mark Giroux who goes by Zipperhead 9, has passed away, I do not know the particulars but he was a good friend even though I had not met him in person.

Very sad to hear that :( . I believe he was Canadian? If it is the man I am thinking about, I met him once at a show in Toronto, a great collector and member.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Mark was always very helpful and a generally kind person. He used to let me know about rare sun helmets he encountered and sent me parts to restore a steel helmet a while back. I'm sorry he and I never met in person. He will be missed.

Yes Mark is the man I met. Oshawa is east of Toronto and one of Canada's car production centres GM is located there and I believe Mark was a GM employee. They just settled their contract here last week. Mark's collector friend was Cliff who I also met that time. Mark must have been only late 40's or early 50's in age. Life is not fair sometimes.

I had forgotten about that Joe, yes involved in local regimental museums in his area. Gus, how did you find out about his passing? I am going to phone Dave Hiorth at Military Antiques in Toronto he may know what happened.

Cliff sent me a message, I did not feel it would be comforting to make inquiries at this time, one wonders the circumstances though.

Back