3 Garde Uhlan enlisted man's helmet

KAGGR#1

This just arrived this A M
thanks to the gentlemen at Age of Kings
Here is what they listed about the helmet .
I am using their posted photos
IMO a very nice helmet
I think that the correct rabatte is the hardest part to find .
Steve3 G U R a.png3 G U R b.png
3rd Guard Uhlan NCO tschapka with yellow parade rabatte . Wonderful named ensemble that comes from the wearers family. Beautiful leather body in excellent to mint condition. Lacquer is in near perfect with only some minor crazing to the bacl left side (see photos). Silver metal trim with attached mortar board. The front plate is the silver enlisted Uhlan type Garde Eagle for Tschapkas. In the center silver garde star of the stamped Black Eagle Order. The frontplate is held to the helmet by two leather wedges. No extra holes in helmet body.

A set of original convex chinscales on M91 side lugs and single "Reichs" coloured cockade. The Enlisted pattern Feldzeichen (last Picture) is a very nice replacement that we will gracefully ad to this set in order to complete the Tschapka but it did not come with the Tschapka. Inside lining flat tabbed leather lining. This tschapka came from family in Germany along with the wearers death notice with photograph on back and shoulder boards. The Shoulder Boards are in average condition with some moth bites and tissue loss, however a definite set as the buttons are also from the "5" Eskadron. The soldiers was named Konrad Koehler and he was killed on April 21,1918 while serving in Finland. This is a beautiful ensemble from a very rare unit.3 Garde Uhlan.png

Beautiful item with a great story.Congratulations on the exhibit! If you need some material to fill in the moth holes,I can send you.It is hard to match the color sometimes.

Attachments

• DSC05965.JPG
    DSC05965.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC05963.JPG
    DSC05963.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC05968.JPG
    DSC05968.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
IMO a very nice helmet
SteveView attachment 37791View attachment 37792
3rd Guard Uhlan NCO tschapka with yellow parade rabatte . Wonderful named ensemble that comes from the wearers family. Beautiful leather body in excellent to mint condition. Lacquer is in near perfect with only some minor crazing to the bacl left side (see photos). Silver metal trim with attached mortar board. The front plate is the silver enlisted Uhlan type Garde Eagle for Tschapkas. In the center silver garde star of the stamped Black Eagle Order. The frontplate is held to the helmet by two leather wedges. No extra holes in helmet body.

A set of original convex chinscales on M91 side lugs and single "Reichs" coloured cockade. The Enlisted pattern Feldzeichen (last Picture) is a very nice replacement that we will gracefully ad to this set in order to complete the Tschapka but it did not come with the Tschapka. Inside lining flat tabbed leather lining. This tschapka came from family in Germany along with the wearers death notice with photograph on back and shoulder boards. The Shoulder Boards are in average condition with some moth bites and tissue loss, however a definite set as the buttons are also from the "5" Eskadron. The soldiers was named Konrad Koehler and he was killed on April 21,1918 while serving in Finland. This is a beautiful ensemble from a very rare unit.View attachment 37790
Awesome helmet!

Congratulations Steve ,

I lusted over that one a few times (y)

They mentioned its a named grouping. Does it have his name tag inside ? The only markings I could see from the photo's were the 1915 date and the size stamps.

Really a nice set.

Beautiful item with a great story.Congratulations on the exhibit! If you need some material to fill in the moth holes,I can send you.It is hard to match the color sometimes.
That work that you do is magic !
Yes I could use some of the material
Please P M me and let me know how much that I would owe you
Thanks
Steve

Congratulations Steve ,

They mentioned its a named grouping. Does it have his name tag inside ? The only markings I could see from the photo's were the 1915 date and the size stamps.

Really a nice set.
The group was obtained direct from the family
With the group was this card which gives his name and unit
and where he was killed
SteveK K .jpg

That work that you do is magic !
Yes I could use some of the material
Please P M me and let me know how much that I would owe you
Thanks
Steve
Steve I'm not doing it for money,so I will send you scraps of material free of charge by registered mail.If you have a little skill,you can handle it.You need to cut out the right shape from the material and stick it with glue to the material.Send me the address to the mailbox.

Here's an example of my repair.This was my first repair a few years ago.

Attachments

• DSC07878.JPG
    DSC07878.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC07877.JPG
    DSC07877.JPG
  • DSC07879.JPG
    DSC07879.JPG
Here's an example of my repair.This was my first repair a few years ago.
When you collecting the Uhlan uniforms , do you collect enlisted men or Officers ?
Or both / or either ?
Thanks
Steve
Congratulations Steve ,

Really a nice set.
Here are the only stamps inside of the helmet
the date of 1915
and the size
Steve3 G U R date.png3 G U R size.png

IMO a very nice helmet
SteveView attachment 37791View attachment 37792

A set of original convex chinscales on M91 side lugs and single "Reichs" coloured cockade. The Enlisted pattern Feldzeichen (last Picture) is a very nice replacement that we will gracefully ad to this set in order to complete the Tschapka but it did not come with the Tschapka. Inside lining flat tabbed leather lining. This tschapka came from family in Germany along with the wearers death notice with photograph on back and shoulder boards. The Shoulder Boards are in average condition with some moth bites and tissue loss, however a definite set as the buttons are also from the "5" Eskadron. The soldiers was named Konrad Koehler and he was killed on April 21,1918 while serving in Finland. This is a beautiful ensemble from a very rare unit.View attachment 37790
That’s wonderful.

Wonderful

Steve I do not own any ulanka officer because of the price.For mannschaften are much cheaper and I focus on them.Tschapka you have a beautiful,congratulations!

Back