A few stirnpanzers...

I did some checking, all the roads to Belgium are flooded at the moment, I guess the truck stays home after all

Regarding the foto....and probably half of that pile has survived to be put up on our modern day Ebay!

lew64001_zps4f28e712.jpg

Can you tell me if all of them have maker marks or stamping on them? Or are any of them unmarked? I don't really know much about them and wondered how you could tell a real one from a fake one. Cheers.

Indeed great pictures gentlemen!

Can you tell me if all of them have maker marks or stamping on them? Or are any of them unmarked? I don't really know much about them and wondered how you could tell a real one from a fake one
Normally all Stirnpanzer and Grabenpanzer have markings but some originals without markings do excist. How to know an original from a reproduction? That's not easy to answer and impossible to explain without writing an article... but best is to study the subject before you buy one.

Adler

gunner cooper said:
Can you tell me if all of them have maker marks or stamping on them? Or are any of them unmarked? I don't really know much about them and wondered how you could tell a real one from a fake one. Cheers.

May be anecdotal, but the originals were hardened and have a distinct RING when held by a string and tapped. The example here came out of a well in France and has the "ring".

what do you gents think of this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-STIRNSCHUTZ-STIRNPANZER-fur-M16-STAHLHELM-/252236379901?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=C3nXaS9f%252B5WN3FnctMjNc2zenWQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back