A patriotic tin box, featuring Kaiser Wilhelm II, and some others...

coert65

Hello friends,

My latest find, a patriotic box featuring Wilhelm II and some of his family. I have no idea who they are, but just could not let this tin box pass me by.
It was sold as featuring the Hohenzollern family. I incude a picture with some of my medals in it, so all of you can get an idea of the size.
It is quite large! Maybe it was used to keep some biscuits or other food related things in it.
All info regarding it is very welcome! Enjoy the pictures, and have a great sunday all!

Greetings, Coert.Hohenzollern 1.jpg
Hohenzollern 2.jpg
Hohenzollern 3.jpg
Hohenzollern 4.jpg
Hohenzollern 5.jpg
Hohenzollern 6.jpg
Hohenzollern 7.jpg

Congratulations, it‘s a good idea with the medals, I like it :)
Just for information: It shows Kaiser Wilhelm II. with his wife Kaiserin Auguste-Victoria and the Crown prince Wilhelm with his wife Crown princess Cecilie, the bavarian Prinzregent Luitpold, King Wilhelm II. of Württemberg, King Friedrich-August III. of saxony and last but not least Großherzog Friedrich II. von Baden.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for you reply Sandy!
It makes things really clear for me now, it seems I did a good purchase with this tin box. I saw it for sale here, on our national vending site (Marktplaats.nl), but nobody made an offer. So I placed a bid, got in contact with the seller, and now it is with me. For only €35.
Luck was on my side for sure.
Again, thanks a lot for identifying the people in the pictures, it is much appreciated!

Have a nice sunday!

Greetings, Coert. (y)

Thanks a lot for you reply Sandy!
It makes things really clear for me now, it seems I did a good purchase with this tin box. I saw it for sale here, on our national vending site (Marktplaats.nl), but nobody made an offer. So I placed a bid, got in contact with the seller, and now it is with me. For only €35.
Luck was on my side for sure.
Again, thanks a lot for identifying the people in the pictures, it is much appreciated!

Have a nice sunday!

Greetings, Coert. (y)
35€ is a steal in my eyes congratulations :)
One more Info: The production date was between 1907 and Dec. 1912. Friedrich II of Baden became Grand Duke of Baden in 1907 and Prinzregent Luitpold held this position until his death in Dec. 1912. This allows to limit the production period well.

Thanks a lot for this info Sandy!
It sure was a steal, nobody placed any bids on this box, and now it is here, and I am very happy with it.
It found its way to a collector who cares about these things. It is home, with somebody who cares.

Thank you! (y)

Greetings, Coert.

coert,
Great pickup and very cool idea placing the medals in it too. You may want to place some black or red velvet martial underneath the medals to make the tin and medals really pop when the lid is opened.
John

Nice piece Coert! Very ornate shape to it and the royal portraits are cool! Congratulations!!

Back