A purchase pre internet

Helmstedt

When I purchased this helmet I had a couple of Pickelhaubes nothing to special and then I came across this, back in the 1980's there were not so many detailed books on the subject and I certainly didn't have a computer (or a wife & children!!!). The helmet is stamped inside C F Junker 1913. Recently I asked the group for information regarding the types of lining for the inside peak and neck guard. (Thankyou to those who replied). As can be seen this is the blackened type.IMG_4776.jpgIMG_4777.JPGIMG_4778.JPGIMG_4779.JPGIMG_4780.JPGIMG_4781.JPGIMG_4783.JPGIMG_4784.JPGIMG_4785.JPGIMG_4786.JPG

It is odd that the helmet of such quality only has painted under visors and not velvet and leather. But that is an absolutely beautiful example. Does anything catch the eye better than a beautiful GdC/KGR helmet to parade of any rank?

It is odd that the helmet of such quality only has painted under visors and not velvet and leather. But that is an absolutely beautiful example. Does anything catch the eye better than a beautiful GdC/KGR helmet to parade of any rank?
Re visor lining, all I can think of is that as this was a private purchase item for officers perhaps the cost would come into it. My only regret at the time was not enquiring if he (the dealer) had the spike. We learn by experience.

Re visor lining, all I can think of is that as this was a private purchase item for officers perhaps the cost would come into it. My only regret at the time was not enquiring if he (the dealer) had the spike. We learn by experience.
Alternatively, since leather and satin visor linings are fragile, these were lost to time and replaced with black paint. This seems relatively unlikely though, considering the condition of the helmet. I also noticed that the shell is painted black inside, which is rather uncommon.
For sure, a magnificent helmet.

Helmstedt,
Welcome to the Forum. You have one beautiful helmet, I don't think one can find such a parade helmet in more superior condition. Thank you for postiing so many detailed pictures of this magnificent Model 1894 Preußen Kürassier Mannschaften (Other Ranks) parade helmet.
Best regards,
John

Alternatively, since leather and satin visor linings are fragile, these were lost to time and replaced with black paint. This seems relatively unlikely though, considering the condition of the helmet. I also noticed that the shell is painted black inside, which is rather uncommon.
For sure, a magnificent helmet.
Thankyou very much, even though I have had it for some time, it still puts a smile on my face when I look at it.

Helmstedt,
Welcome to the Forum. You have one beautiful helmet, I don't think one can find such a parade helmet in more superior condition. Thank you for postiing so many detailed pictures of this magnificent Model 1894 Preußen Kürassier Mannschaften (Other Ranks) parade helmet.
Best regards,
John
Thankyou for the welcome greeting. After obtaining my 'prize possession' my hobby interests changed to British medals as they are researchable. I did still find the odd helmet, clearly there is a lot of knowledge on this site and I will have more questions to ask. Regards

Helmstedt,
Best regards,
John
John, I am confused. Mannschaft? What are you referring to??

John, I am confused. Mannschaft? What are you referring to??
Bruno and Steve
My bad, I thought that single silver ring on the kockaden indicated an NCO ergo OR. Thank you for correcting my misinterpretation.
Best regards
John

Very nice indeed! Great to see an excellent piece that is totally original. 👍 Welcome to the forum.

Back