A request for help in identifying the regiment.

Eichenblatt

Dear Sirs,
I kindly request you to indicate to which regiment we can attribute this headgear.
Thank you in advance for the courtesy of indicating the formation.
I remain with respect.

Attachments

• IMG-20230528-WA0001(1).jpg
    IMG-20230528-WA0001(1).jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 26
Agree - appears to be Train officer. The state cockade looks like a faded/darkened example of the Bavarian officer version. If the inside has a maker's mark, it could be a good indicator of which unit it was from.

its a train. any maker details on the lining ? If so the town will give an indication of the un it if the train where garrisoned there.

cheers

Tony

Piotrunia- Kaiser Bunker"All Train (Supply) Battalions except Sachsen (Saxon). After 1912 Train Battalions became Train Abteilung (Detachment)

Top - Dunkelblau (dark blue) - M1907/10 Feldgrau (field grey)
Piping - Hellblau (light blue) up to September 1915
Cap Band - Hellblau (light blue) up to September 1915

*Note* AKO 21 September 1915 (31 March 1916 for Bayern) the piping and band on Feldgrau Mützen was changed to Kaliblau (potash-blue). See this cap on the Feldgrau charts.

Piotrunia- Kaiser Bunker"All Train (Supply) Battalions except Sachsen (Saxon). After 1912 Train Battalions became Train Abteilung (Detachment)

Top - Dunkelblau (dark blue) - M1907/10 Feldgrau (field grey)
Piping - Hellblau (light blue) up to September 1915
Cap Band - Hellblau (light blue) up to September 1915

*Note* AKO 21 September 1915 (31 March 1916 for Bayern) the piping and band on Feldgrau Mützen was changed to Kaliblau (potash-blue). See this cap on the Feldgrau charts.
Well, I just wasn't sure what color the band was.....objections of daltonism....

Well, I just wasn't sure what color the band was.....objections of daltonism....

That could really make it difficult, sometimes with fading and such its tuff enough to distinguish color can't imagine having to deal with that and trying to figure it out. Something I've never thought of.
Glad members came together to help out, if you find a makers mark I'm sure we could give you a specific unit. (y)

Last edited:
Back