About the invention and introduction of the Pickelhaube in Prussia

Sandmann

Dear friends,
today I‘d like to share the results of my research about the invention and introduction of the Pickelhaube in Prussia.
Much has been written about it, unfortunately also contradicting or sometimes only poor information were available. That’s why I wanted to find more informations about this period and I found my sources in german newspaper articles from mid-19th century. My idea behind this was that the journalists at the time, due to their knowledge and good networking, surely learned a lot about the new helmet and wrote it down.
As a result, I was able to confirm a lot of knowledge but also get some (at least for me) new informations :)

About the invention and introduction of the Pickelhaube in Prussia

If anybody is interested in my sources, the excerpts from the german articles, please write a PM.

Last edited:
Super. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. And of course many other countries were envious and either adopted or "copied (with slight alterations)" the Pickelhaube.

Cheers.

Peter

Well done Sandy, obviously, a great deal of research work was involved. Thank you for all your efforts!

Sandy,
Thank you for uncovering the story behind the pickelhauben in Europe.
Best regard,
John

Last edited:
Back