Adler

Naprawiacz

This is the first time I have had such an Adler.Was it intended for a medical doctor,veterinarian? Private purchase officer? In what years was it used? Thank you for all your comments.

Attachments

• DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
  • DSC00048.JPG
    DSC00048.JPG
  • DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
  • DSC00050.JPG
    DSC00050.JPG
    811.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
  • DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC00115.JPG
    DSC00115.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
This Wappen is similar, if not an exact match, to a Reserve or Landwehr officer Wappen without the cross.
Here is an example of a Prussian reserve officer Wappen:

uSvmbZQ.jpg

Another view:

7Oc9ejm.jpg

The absence of a bandeaux is a giveaway.
Your Wappen appears to be in perfect condition. Perhaps it was never used and never had a cross attached??
Just a guess on my part.

John :)

Thank you very much John for the pictures and your reply.Recently I made a helmet for a friend with the same Adler,which was signed on the visor with the owner's name and a doctor's notation.My Adler was used and lacks the hooks for the so called liquid loops. I wonder who is closer to the truth? Have a great day.

Wojtek,
That looks like a mint Adler; the fire gilding on it is outstanding. John, your Adler looks about mint as well. Thanks for posting. :thumb up:
John

Thank you John for the information about fire gilding.It is good that on this forum there are people with so much knowledge.Regards Wojtek.

Well in truth the gilding done on our helme wappen is “mercury” gilding so yes, beautiful but not so good for the health of the people who made it.

Naprawiacz said:
Thank you very much John for the pictures and your reply.Recently I made a helmet for a friend with the same Adler,which was signed on the visor with the owner's name and a doctor's notation.My Adler was used and lacks the hooks for the so called liquid loops. I wonder who is closer to the truth? Have a great day.

Hi Naprawiacz, in your post, you said you made a helmet for a friend.

What do you mean by the word 'made'? as in literally start from scratch, where you boil and bake the leather helmet or you use an original helmet body and put all parts together?

Hello, the word errors are due to the translator.English is not my native language so I use Google translator.If it bothers you I can stop writing posts.Regards.

Naprawiacz said:
Hello, the word errors are due to the translator.English is not my native language so I use Google translator.If it bothers you I can stop writing posts.Regards.

Please keep posting, we need to all understand the language barrier can be tough.

James

i agree with James on this Wojtek, please keep posting here.
Your posts on helmet restoring are very informative for a novice like me.
Anyway, being a Dutch guy I can understand what you mean by your posts, I have no real knowledge of many languages, but you know,
I get the point anyway.
If I don't get it, I just read the posts again, until my old and dilapidated brain gets the point.
By the way, I recently found your site in Poland, where you posted your museum, and lots of projects, very nice!

Have a nice evening, Coert.

Thank you very much for the kind words dear James and Coert. Sometimes it's hard to translate technical language, but I'm trying. Thank you for your support. Regards Wojtek.

Most of the Reserve Happen I've seen had an indentation for the cross. This could be for a Beamte Officer

Beautiful is this Adler.I always wanted to have one,but had no luck.Unfortunately the feather arrangement between the FR letters and the tail is completely different.Today I found something like this on Ebay.It is very similar to mine.Thank you very much for the photo and the opinion.Regard https://www.ebay.de/itm/253400326236?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=707-53477-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

Naprawiacz said:

Wow that's sensitive of you.

I never mean it to be offensive. I'm sorry if you have felt offended.

Yes, we do have a language problem sometimes here on the forum especially with the Slavic/ Russian languages translations but knowing this, we collectors can still communicate. If you are an English/French/ German speaker, then simplify your phrases, do not use slang. Sorry Amy, I have never had a problem with your English emails so I can not comment on Asian language translations. In truth, we all speak the language of "the pickelhaube" which also incudes the rest of 19thC Europe.

For me it is an Eagle-Plate without Banderole for i.e. Reserve-Officers or Beamte. I guess the eagles had been delivered to the Dealer without drillings, because crosses, etc. didn’t have normed attachment-points by the different manufacturers. So the drilling had been placed by the Dealer just on request, before selling it to the customer.

Thank you very much for your opinion Sandmann! Your version seems to me the closest to the truth and makes deep sense.Regards Wojtek.

Back