An untouched Braunschweig pickelhaube.

Wunderbar! A wounderful couple of rare birds and a fantastic regimental's marking.
Congrats.
Zeb

Braunschweig was a small Dutchy and not wealthy. So from the time they adopted the Pickehauben in 1886 they only bought Infanterie Pickelhauben from one manufacturer. And that is the correct manufacturer. An absolute pleasure to see those two superb helmets. Nicely done Ed.

Totally jaw dropping! 😮 Awesome markings. I just love those big black pre war regimental markings, absolutely no doubt where this came from. Ultra rare to see both versions from IR 92. 👍

Thanks for the nice reactions fellow collectors .

2nd.Leibhusar , when ever you are in the neighborhood feel free to drop by ;)

Tony , your knowledge about this matter keeps amazing me.

I concur, Ed: fantastic markings. One more example that these were usually marked as 92R, and not JR92. It might also bear a reserve stamp. Mine, which is exactly the same as yours, is also marked RJR78 IIB on the other side of the rear flap.
I was not aware that a single maker produced Braunschweig helmets. Thank you, Tony. Which one? Mine has what seems to be a maker stamp in a rectangular frame, inside the shell between plate attachment holes, but I cannot make it out.

I concur, Ed: fantastic markings. One more example that these were usually marked as 92R, and not JR92. It might also bear a reserve stamp. Mine, which is exactly the same as yours, is also marked RJR78 IIB on the other side of the rear flap.
I was not aware that a single maker produced Braunschweig helmets. Thank you, Tony. Which one? Mine has what seems to be a maker stamp in a rectangular frame, inside the shell between plate attachment holes, but I cannot make it out.
H.CLEMEN is the maker of this helmet Bruno, the mark is in the rim.

The other helmet has no makers mark.

Thank you Ed. I was really curious; I tried hard and managed to read the maker stamp inside the shell:
Hermann Clemen, Elberfeld.
Bravo Tony.

Back