Any fellow members here who enjoy a good Bier ?

John Josef

If so, I would like to recommend this one from Avery Brewing of Boulder CO. Its a limited release Imperial Oktoberfest Lager named THE KAISER. Its a bit stark for an Oktoberfest at 8.0% but well worth a taste. Also have to say the can is pretty cool looking as well. (y)

If other members who also happen to be Bier drinkers like myself would like to join in with what they are currently enjoying please do.

My favorite Oktoberfest Bier is Spaten, stocked up on that as well. It only comes round once a year ya now. ;)

I also would mention they are the perfect accompaniment to Johan's fine new books.

Resized_20231013_153027.jpegResized_20231013_153043.jpeg

If so, I would like to recommend this one from Avery Brewing of Boulder CO. Its a limited release Imperial Oktoberfest Lager named THE KAISER. Its a bit stark for an Oktoberfest at 8.0% but well worth a taste. Also have to say the can is pretty cool looking as well. (y)

If other members who also happen to be Bier drinkers like myself would like to join in with what they are currently enjoying please do.

My favorite Oktoberfest Bier is Spaten, stocked up on that as well. It only comes round once a year ya now. ;)

I also would mention they are the perfect accompaniment to Johan's fine new books.

View attachment 38024View attachment 38026
Did you once say that you are from Baltimore ?
By chance did you know John Hyson ?
Thanks
Steve McFarland

Of all the various period images I have scattered through my collection, my wife likes this one best. I like the fact that it is a professional, studio-mounted image that this cheerful dude carefully picked out. He could have gone more formal like 99% of these...but instead he's like "Nah - let's use this one!" I appreciate his joy.

(And though I am also a fan of Spatenbräu - for Oktoberfest I am partial to Hacker-Pschorr). Prost!

Bier Zeit.jpg

Living in the land of wine makers (France!), I still prefere beer.
In fact mainly one, and that is (the traditional)Duvel.
The only valuabal alternative for me, so far; is Omer...
When I say "the traditional Duvel" that is, because of theyr succes, they are coming up with all sorts of side kick products...even whiskey...
Call me "old", but I stick with...the "old" Duvel...! Wich is hard to get here in central France....

I spent two weeks in Belgium this summer and got a good introduction to Belgian beers. Belgium doesn't need to take to take lessons on excellent beer making from any country. Some of the best brews I have ever had and I like my beer.

I am sorry to say I am not a beer drinker.
When I was a teen I happened unto some warm beer with a couple of buddies .
Fallowed with the rest of the day spuing my guts out.
To this day I have not been able to stomach beer.
But I want to !

I am sorry to say I am not a beer drinker.
When I was a teen I happened unto some warm beer with a couple of buddies .
Fallowed with the rest of the day spuing my guts out.
To this day I have not been able to stomach beer.
But I want to !
Buy a really good beer and try again… there’s a beer for everyone’s taste to be certain….

But I want to !

Where theres a will theres a way (y) , I also agree there is a Bier for everyones taste. The traditional ways of Brewing have been adapted to todays taste.

I have to confess I'm a traditionalist and prefer the old methods and ingredients.

Reactions: ccj
I too like the old style beer. German and Belgian are favorites but British beer is greet and Ireland’s Guinness is a wonderful beer, especially in the fall and winter. A cold Grolsch the Netherlands is great too. Well heck, I could keep going….

Another great beer
IMG_2457.jpeg

I spent two weeks in Belgium this summer and got a good introduction to Belgian beers. Belgium doesn't need to take to take lessons on excellent beer making from any country. Some of the best brews I have ever had and I like my beer.
Amen to that. The Trappist abbey ales in particular are outstanding - Orval and Westmalle are my faves!

Amen to that. The Trappist abbey ales in particular are outstanding - Orval and Westmalle are my faves!

I remember being in Brussels a few years ago and having a blast.

Walked into Bier store a block off the Grote Markt and thought I was in heaven, never before have I seen so many Biers that I have never tried. We bought a few mixed packs and had a few each night after a long days of exploring the region. I think there was only one bad one in the lot.

Belgian style Biers were all the rage here in the states a few years ago and very trendy. The problem with buying rare import Bier in the USA is most of the stores don't carry them and when they do they can sit for a long time on the shelf and are also very expensive. Nothing worse then paying 8 bucks for a nice Bier only to find out its way past its shelf life.

In Ypres I tried a Trappist Westvleieren which I was assured is a very exclusive bier only sold in very limited quantities. I'm not sure if that was over stating the case but it was very good in my view. Where I live we only have access to Leffe Blonde in limited quantities sadly.

Greetings,
I love a great German Hefeweizen. Mainly, because they follow the Reinheitsgebot and you never need to add fruit or any other esters or aromas that are common for American Hefeweizen. My personal favorite that I can find here in Anchorage is Ayinger Bräuweisse. I have a Kegurator and can get it by the Keg (European Coupler type A in a 50L) Delicious. Much more affordable than by the 0.5L bottle which run about $4.80USD I love Augustiner as well. When I was in Mittenwald, their brewery did an exellent job of making a delicious Hefeweizen Werdenfelser.
I will drink darker beers as well, dunkleweisse and such. Belgian beers are delicious. Tripel Karmeliet is a favorite but takes me out after a large bottle. It gives me a headache if I drink more than one tulip glass. A kegurator or Keezer is a great way to make tap beer at your house.
Nothin' says "Class" like pulling your own tap handle and enjoying a nice Maß of Bier.
Paulaner
Hacker-Pschorr
Schneiderweisse
Hofbräuhaus

Paulaner has a great deal at least from my local botique Brew. you can get a 1L Paulaner Stein and a Liter Oktoberfest beer for $12.00 Each year, I get about 7-8. This is an incredible deal since the steins are usually about $20-$25 alone.

I am lucky to have access to some delicious brews.

Prost folks.

Best Regards,
JustinG

Hi JustinG,

Welcome to the Bier lovers part of the forum, you sound like a man who enjoys a fine Bier and knows one when he drinks it (y)

I recently picked up two of the 2023 German Bier Advent Calendars one for me and one for the wife so I don't have to give her a sip of mine ;)

Really looking forward to the start of December, it reminds me of my childhood and looking forward to a chocolate everyday but only much better. This calendar is full of only small German breweries who do not get regular distribution in the states. Personal favorite Klosterbrau v Bamburg is represented, which I can only drink when there. :cry:

Did I mention I can't wait for December :unsure:

Prost 🍻
John Josef

fullsizeoutput_c1.jpeg

Resized_20231119_140025(3).jpeg

I agree on the Trappist, Rochefort and Chimay are wonderful, Westvleteren is famous for being scarce,
But Orval has a World War One story:
The old abbey was destroyed in the French Revolution, ( beautiful ruins still there) , a Belgium ww1 soldier pledged to become monk if he survived the war, he did a went to live in France, but later started the abbey revival in orval ( on franco-Belgium border where the rebuilt the abbey next to the ruins) and started to brew one of the best Trappist beers: orval

Back