Artillery generals helmet

believe some suppliers of private purchase items simply did not pay particularly close attention to all of the written specifications.
This is obviously true based on all of the examples we have seen. However, I do not know that we know what all the written specifications were. There is the uniform regulation that we have a copy of that is published in the Trawnik book in a translated in shortened form. (I have a copy of the original.). How many were there?

For issue helmets, we had probe examples. Manufacturers had to follow specifications closely.

Wappen were made from dies. A two sided stamp that cost a great deal of money to create. What I would like to find is who produced the wappen? Every small retailer could not have done so based on cost. So if the retailer assembled the helmet. He got the wappen from a source, a subcontractor. That subcontractor made the dies and produced helmet wappen in large batches. I would love to find what the subcontractor did, but I don't even know who they were or how many there were.

Thanks Tony

What a great wappen. Since it was always stamped in german silver and would only have been used for this particular regiment (no silver genadiers), this would be more evidence of a specific wide eagle being produced for DR3 and DR1. Yes??No??

Dave

Back