Authentic felt haube?

A really neat collection of identified Confederate Veteran items Steve. I love the story on your finally acquiring the items.

Not to hijack the thread but here is a UCV uniform set with a similar story. Purchased from the Grand-Daughter of the Confederate veteran.

Attachments

• UCV Lt Col uniform.JPG
    UCV Lt Col uniform.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 8
  • UCV Lt. Col insignia.JPG
    UCV Lt. Col insignia.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 8
A really neat collection of identified Confederate Veteran items Steve. I love the story on your finally acquiring the items.

Not to hijack the thread but here is a UCV uniform set with a similar story. Purchased from the Grand-Daughter of the Confederate veteran.
Always glad to see anything added to the thread.
Nice uniform
Any name that goes with it?
Looks like a Houston, Texas UCV Reunion pin on it.
we honor or relatives, but now they are considered non-P C
Steve

Yes, this Missouri veteran served in Shelby's old brigade and fought at the Battle of Westport. He marched south through Texas with General Shelby, buried their flags in the Rio Grande river, and entered Mexico to form the Confederate colony there. Ten years later he re-entered the US as an 'Unreconstructed Confederate" (never surrendered or paroled) and settled in Indian Territory. He wore this uniform when he was head of the Confederate Veteran Home in Oklahoma. I have many photos of him along with a couple wearing this uniform.

Yes, this Missouri veteran served in Shelby's old brigade and fought at the Battle of Westport. He marched south through Texas with General Shelby, buried their flags in the Rio Grande river, and entered Mexico to form the Confederate colony there. Ten years later he re-entered the US as an 'Unreconstructed Confederate" (never surrendered or paroled) and settled in Indian Territory. He wore this uniform when he was head of the Confederate Veteran Home in Oklahoma. I have many photos of him along with a couple wearing this uniform.
I would like to see some of the other photos
as they might not be of interest to some of our members
If you don't want to post them
I will send you a PM with my email address
and if have the time you can send to me via email
Thanks
Steve

Back