Baden Landwehr M95

I put Alan's Baden helmet back together today:
IMG_4683.jpeg
The use of my repro screw post stars seems to have solved the spike base issue. The helmet sat for a week with pressure being applied to the top of the shell.
IMG_4684.jpeg
No more "tilt" to the spike.
IMG_4685.jpeg
No more "crushed" helmet. I really like this piece, it has great markings, is in excellent condition and it is very rare to see this Landwehr configuration! My next project is another Baden M15 sent by Military Antiques Toronto. It also has a crushed top plus some other problems to be dealt with. Lots of fun!!

What an incredible revival! I honestly wouldn't even be able to tell it was ever crushed in on top. Brian, you are da man!!!!

Well done Brian, congratulations. One small note for collectors, why are you afraid to straighten your wappen so that it fits your skin perfectly? I straighten all my wappens gently with my fingers. If the item was not found in the ground or after a fire, there is no problem in adjusting it. Before straightening, carefully check whether there are any cracks in the structure, because then it is not suitable for straightening.Kenny from Gdańsk even straightens those that were involved in a fire and are dug out of the ground, but then the material must be heated at the appropriate temperature so that the brass becomes malleable. This is the so-called Polish school of repairs, but it resulted from the large number of items destroyed after two wars world.Brian, I'm glad your repair went so well.
Wojtek

Attachments

• DSC06106.JPG
    DSC06106.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC06174.JPG
    DSC06174.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC06178.JPG
    DSC06178.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
With these elements from the ground and picklehaube it is, as usual, a hassle the material must let go (plastic do) so that you can do something with it. In the photos Adler was from the ground and on top of that it was flat (I don't have photos before mounting it to the picklehaube - my phone died and I lost a lot of photos).
After making the plastic I was able to fit the wapen to the picklehaube without any problems. The effect is great in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_20240602_220320.jpg
    IMG_20240602_220320.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240602_220359.jpg
    IMG_20240602_220359.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240602_220424.jpg
    IMG_20240602_220424.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Very nice Kenny amazing! Are the neusilber fittings on the strap original as well?

All parts are original after restoration. Picklehaube is in the process of restoration. I will send pictures when the work is completed.

Back