Baden Pickelhaube für Reserve Offizier der Dragoner

Very nice - and Awes is definitely a quality product. Looks like the leather strap and buckle has been cut off on both chinscales for some reason. I'm wondering if that's why they've not been showing the chinscales clipped together? A lovely piece otherwise.

Very nice helmet. I like it.

It‘s for sale in France, isn‘t it? There are some other nice helmets, too.

Good luck,

GardeUlan

I Just came back from th auction house, I was in the room and I missed that helmet...at the end we were 2 collectors fighting for it....I gave up.
I have some regrets now...but that's life :cry:

I Just came back from th auction house, I was in the room and I missed that helmet...at the end we were 2 collectors fighting for it....I gave up.
I have some regrets now...but that's life :cry:
Too bad
but there will be others
What did it go for and how much commission did the
auction house charge ?
Steve

Too bad
but there will be others
What did it go for and how much commission did the
auction house charge ?
Steve

Auction Estimate was a low 700-800 Euros on this helmet. (I'm sure as is everyone else here, that it sold for much, much more than that very low estimate by the auction house.)

If someone wants to see the results for this lot and all the other pickelhaubes on this auction, it appears that a person needs to pay 100 Euros to have access to the English online version of the auction results. The French language version auction results with the addition of a paper results list plus other perks, is available for a discounted price of 115 Euros, versus their normal price of 154 Euros for such perks.

Ventes volontaires : 25% TTC
Ventes judiciaires : 14,28% TTC
Ventes du Crédit Municipal de Lyon : 15% TTC

dont TVA 20%, sauf pour les livres TVA 5,5%.

- Frais de vente supplémentaires via interencheres.com : + 3,6% TTC
- Frais de vente supplémentaires via drouotonline.com : + 1,8% TTC

Translation for those of us (including myself) who do not read or speak French, using the Bing Microsoft Translator online:

Voluntary sales: 25% TTC
Judicial sales: 14.28% TTC
Sales of Crédit Municipal de Lyon: 15% incl. VAT

of which VAT 20%, except for books VAT 5.5%.

- Additional sales costs via interencheres.com: + 3.6% TTC
- Additional sales costs via drouotonline.com: + 1.8% TTC

Auction Estimate was a low 700-800 Euros on this helmet. (I'm sure as is everyone else here, that it sold for much, much more than that very low estimate by the auction house.)

If someone wants to see the results for this lot and all the other pickelhaubes on this auction, it appears that a person needs to pay 100 Euros to have access to the English online version of the auction results. The French language version auction results with the addition of a paper results list plus other perks, is available for a discounted price of 115 Euros, versus their normal price of 154 Euros for such perks.

Ventes volontaires : 25% TTC
Ventes judiciaires : 14,28% TTC
Ventes du Crédit Municipal de Lyon : 15% TTC

dont TVA 20%, sauf pour les livres TVA 5,5%.

- Frais de vente supplémentaires via interencheres.com : + 3,6% TTC
- Frais de vente supplémentaires via drouotonline.com : + 1,8% TTC

Translation for those of us (including myself) who do not read or speak French, using the Bing Microsoft Translator online:

Voluntary sales: 25% TTC
Judicial sales: 14.28% TTC
Sales of Crédit Municipal de Lyon: 15% incl. VAT

of which VAT 20%, except for books VAT 5.5%.

- Additional sales costs via interencheres.com: + 3.6% TTC
- Additional sales costs via drouotonline.com: + 1.8% TTC

According to Interencheres, it fetched a hammer price of €2,500 before the commission and fees above. They seem to show all the hammer prices - there was also had an interesting Hessian reserve that went for €1,700.

According to Interencheres, it fetched a hammer price of €2,500 before the commission and fees above. They seem to show all the hammer prices - there was also had an interesting Hessian reserve that went for €1,700.

Thanks Jeff R!

That Hessian looked like a nice helmet also.

I don't normally find out about the French auctions until after they are closed.

The German auctions that I stumble onto with very few to no other military items on them seem to have the helmets consistently sell for very high prices. I've even found a couple of good helmets out of the UK in the past years prior to covid, that sold very reasonably, even with commission. Since the advent of covid in 2020 and with so many working from home at that time for a year and even longer period of time, there are very few pickelhaubes that fly under the radar these days with any auction that is accessible via the internet, compared to 3 years and longer ago. One of the "secrets" is long since out of the bag, and the fight for these helmets is all highly competitive now days..

Last edited:
Wonderful Helmets !
I was in the room during the auction..,I bid up to 2400 Eur for the Baden Pickelhaube and then I stopped....
but, I am the winner of that Hessen reserve helmet :)
It is now sitting in my collection !
I will post some pictures of it.

I am so happy !

Thanks Jeff R!

That Hessian looked like a nice helmet also.

I don't normally find out about the French auctions until after they are closed.

The German auctions that I stumble onto with very few to no other military items on them seem to have the helmets consistently sell for very high prices. I've even found a couple of good helmets out of the UK in the past years prior to covid, that sold very reasonably, even with commission. Since the advent of covid in 2020 and with so many working from home at that time for a year and even longer period of time, there are very few pickelhaubes that fly under the radar these days with any auction that is accessible via the internet, compared to 3 years and longer ago. One of the "secrets" is long since out of the bag, and the fight for these helmets is all highly competitive now days..
Right!? I gather its "collectibles" of all kinds, but lockdown certainly had an impact in our space. eBay is vast, largely useless wasteland these days (IMO), and if anything I've seen auction prices keep going up. I reckon we'll see if the current inflationary/recessionary cycle has any effect/

Wonderful Helmets !
I was in the room during the auction..,I bid up to 2400 Eur for the Baden Pickelhaube and then I stopped....
but, I am the winner of that Hessen reserve helmet :)
It is now sitting in my collection !
I will post some pictures of it.

I am so happy !
Lucky you! That one looked very nice. Looking forward to pics. 👍

The difference in the state kokarden on Amy’s helmets is also something to note. One is the typical 3 piece construction found on Prussian helmets while the other is a one piece stamping in “rippled” style.

Back