Bayern Pickelhaube in silver

michiel

I recently acquired a couple of items, some in less condition but nevertheless interesting, to start with a Bayern Reserve Officer Pickelhaube in silver (so either infanterie leib regiment, or pionier, or eisenbahn), the condition of the leather is not fantastic, and it has a little sunk in under the kreuzblatt, but the patina is beautiful.
Hope you like it

Attachments

• bayer pickel silber front.jpg
    bayer pickel silber front.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 36
  • bayer pickel silber right.jpg
    bayer pickel silber right.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 36
  • bayer pickel silber left.jpg
    bayer pickel silber left.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 34
  • bayer pickel silber interior.jpg
    bayer pickel silber interior.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33
Excellent helmet, any collector would be proud to have that in their collection.

Congratulations on the exhibit! The only thing that puzzles me is the added fourth star.Was it a rule for the reserve?

Attachments

• bayer pickel silber left.jpg
    bayer pickel silber left.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 120917623_l.jpg
    120917623_l.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations on the exhibit! The only thing that puzzles me is the added fourth star.Was it a rule for the reserve?
I saw both variants also for active troops, but you are right that 3 bolts are common. The text of the Bavarian Order of september 1886, which was also valid for Landwehr, is not clear in this regard. It is only written that a crossfitting with 4 leaves should be used as a spikebase. No rule about the number of bolts. Unfortunately I have no Bavarian clothing regulation to proof it there.

I saw both variants also for active troops, but you are right that 3 bolts are common. The text of the Bavarian Order of september 1886, which was also valid for Landwehr, is not clear in this regard. It is only written that a crossfitting with 4 leaves should be used as a spikebase. No rule about the number of bolts. Unfortunately I have no Bavarian clothing regulation to proof it there.
Thanks a lot Sandy for the clarification! Little details, but you learn all the time.

Back