Can somebody help to identify

Edwin,

That is Chris Dales website. He cannot put together why there would be Marine furniture and a spike. It fits no patterns.

b.loree said:
No problem Ed...humour is always welcome, I mean, after all, we do have one of Idaho's most renowned humourists resident here on the forum....The Gusmeister!

Do you mean Gustaf ?
Is he a real comedian, or just a funny guy?
I love comedy, my all-time favorites are (were) George Carlin an Bill Hicks .

joerookery said:
Edwin,

That is Chris Dales website. He cannot put together why there would be Marine furniture and a spike. It fits no patterns.

Exactly and that's why I have a bad feeling about it :-k

Regards,

Edwin

Gustaf is not a comedian Ed, he just has a unique sense of humour. Unique to an Idaho farm boy!

joerookery said:
The wappen is mostly attached to the helmet with lugs or screws, to be able to remove it safely for cleaning,
With split pins, you can only remove it so many times before the pins will break off.

Ed, the metal on the officer Wappen would have been Mercury Gilded and did not require cleaning per se. With my luck split pins could only be bent one time and that could really be dangerous. Brian had some sort of technique where you heated up the prongs but I had visions of blowtorches on a helmet with Brian as the mad scientist. I am sure that people like Cameron know what to do to get those on and off but I just will not risk it. I think Peter is on the right track… Finding the right photograph… Cruciform base??

Seems as though only a slight increase in temperature would be needed, so a soldering iron with very mild heat should do the trick. (I've never tried it, just a suggestion!)

Gentlemen thanks for your comments

There is some sample of german trop helm at rastatt museum, one of them is marine wappen and cruciform base but not the same shape. According to the shape of the shell , can we estimated is more close from 1900 -1910 years helmet ?

http://www.wgm-rastatt.de/typo3temp/pics/93add9fce3.jpg

Is it anywhere some picture of Viktoria Augusta 1907 trip in Palestine ? And list of the people , unit belonging to this trip ? Some platoons of 2. Leibgendarm I thing and ????

Here some pictures of kaiser Wilhelm trip in Palestine, but from 19th century not from movie ,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This one is very interesting , more detailed ,
image.jpg

Back