Children's Epolets

Naprawiacz

Epolettes of a child lancer of the Order of Calatrava.The Order of Calatrava became, unlike the confraternity, a true order whose members took vows of chastity, poverty and obedience as Cistercian monks. The item was made by El Corte Inglés,which was a small store on Calle Preciados in Madrid, on the corner of Calle Carmen and Calle Rompelanzas, dealing in tailoring and sewing of children's clothes, which was founded in 1890 and enjoyed a certain prestige.The epaulettes are embroidered with a byelier and the buttons are fire-gilded.The item was produced until 1931.

Attachments

• DSC06465.JPG
    DSC06465.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC06464.JPG
    DSC06464.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC06467.JPG
    DSC06467.JPG
  • DSC06468.JPG
    DSC06468.JPG
  • DSC06469.JPG
    DSC06469.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC06470.JPG
    DSC06470.JPG
Thank you John Josef for your feedback.

My pleasure, I find the religious orders fascinating.

I remember years ago I was visiting Family in Thal and we went to Fulda for a Church service procession and I actually was asked If I would like to help in carrying the statue. It was very heavy and I was in great shape back then so I jumped at the chance. Its was extraordinary and very emotional.

My pleasure, I find the religious orders fascinating.

I remember years ago I was visiting Family in Thal and we went to Fulda for a Church service procession and I actually was asked If I would like to help in carrying the statue. It was very heavy and I was in great shape back then so I jumped at the chance. Its was extraordinary and very emotional.
Good that you agreed at least you have good memories for the rest of your life.

Back