Collection of small tin boxes

Sandmann

Dear fellow collectors,
today I‘d like to share my little collection of vending machine tin boxes. The small boxes were produced by Hartwig & Vogel on different aristocratic occasions and were filled with candies or pastilles. I tried to research the times when the shown photos were taken and I think the reasons for an edition of such a collector's box were accessions, anniversaries, weddings or similar occasions of the nobles.
My collection is far from complete, there are at least as many with the likenesses of various German nobles, but that’s ok because it's a wonderful collecting for the meantime I need to save up money for the expensive helmets.
248D4D2C-4BBB-4126-B719-19F3ED18D2EB.jpeg

Dear fellow collectors,
today I‘d like to share my little collection of vending machine tin boxes. The small boxes were produced by Hartwig & Vogel on different aristocratic occasions and were filled with candies or pastilles. I tried to research the times when the shown photos were taken and I think the reasons for an edition of such a collector's box were accessions, anniversaries, weddings or similar occasions of the nobles.
My collection is far from complete, there are at least as many with the likenesses of various German nobles, but that’s ok because it's a wonderful collecting for the meantime I need to save up money for the expensive helmets.
View attachment 38910
Really nice collection.

Very cool, I really like the Faber products. They are still rocking today.

I have a little collection of Tobacco related products some of the tins are quite similar.

Oh that is an awesome grouping Sandy - beautiful little objects that really give a flavor for this bygone era!

Dear fellow collectors,
View attachment 38910
Very nice !
Steve

Some very cool royalty pieces Sandy and a very nice addition to any collection from our period of interest. The Brits did the same with their royals which continues of course to present times. I have a few tea tin boxes with British royalty and military personalities on them from WW1. They are very colourful additions to any collection. I sold a Tobacco tin with Haig's visage (face) on it a few years back at the SOS. I often wondered if the companies who produced these "tins" had to pay to use these images...one would expect...yes?

Thank you all for your kind words :)
Brian, Hartwig & Vogel was a royal supplier to various aristocrats and I think that they managed to get the rights for the pictures on the boxes thanks to these contacts. Without contracts, however, they certainly wouldn't have been allowed to use these pictures. But since the monarchs had long been aware of how important a good image was and how helpful such collector's items could be, both sides were certainly open to such deals.

Very nice collection Sandy! As most folks know, I only have one in my collection, but it isn't small.
A Biscuitbox in metal, with the royals and their wives on it.
1700291211208.png
It doesn't have any biscuits in it anymore, but my collection of postcards and feldpost.

Regards, Coert.

Very nice collection Sandy! As most folks know, I only have one in my collection, but it isn't small.
A Biscuitbox in metal, with the royals and their wives on it.
View attachment 38927
It doesn't have any biscuits in it anymore, but my collection of postcards and feldpost.

Regards, Coert.

Thats a great one, made me hungry for a piece of Stollen or some Lebkuchen.
Definitely going to have some today, tis the season 🎅

Thank you guys, I appreciate your comments :)
Coert, this is a beautiful tin box and a great idea to use it. I have two of such large tin boxes with German aristocrats and use it to store helmet spare parts or my helmet Wappen, as long as I haven’t the right show case for it or even an idea where to place for it 🫣😆

Back