Complete uniform for Leib Husaren Regt. Nr. 1

Adler

Last week I went to the Kassel show and guess what happened... Right, the bunker is getting to small again...
I had allready a pelzmutze of Leib Husaren Regt. Nr.1, but now I brought home a complete uniform of an Einj. Freiwilliger. The Attila, trousers and boots belonged (according to the seller) to the same Husar. This also seems plausible because everything is in the same near mint condition.
After a 1000 km ride, I almost couldn't wait to set up the mannequin. It took me a few hours, but the result looks great, even if I say so myself... :-"
I also discovered a Kavalleriedegen M89 in one of my cabinets... even a nice belt turned up, as if it had been waiting for this moment... Aaah, what a rush :p ...
The LHR1 mannequin is complete now, nevertheless I want to add a few other things:
- a Pelisse
- a bandoleer with Kartuschkasten
- a Sabeltasche
- a belt to hang the Sabeltasche and the KD89 on (don't know the exact nam for it :-k ...)
- a Faustriem
If someone has one or more of these items and wants to get rid of them, please feel free to contact me…

Adler

Oh wow Karel. Good for you! :thumbright: My fantasy is to have this exact mannequin, but for 2LHR2. I have everything but that damn Pelzmütze :cussing: 35+ years now still searching.

And its an issued example too. You just cannot get any better than that. Add some more photos can you? Nice mannequin head!

Wow, fantastic....and kammerstuck too, tough to improve upon.

I like also the peek at the Seitengewehr hanging on your wall, great display overall. Congratulations

Larry

Superb grouping, happy for you! =D>
I can imagine the feeling while you were dressing that cool mannequin... =P~
Is this an M1895?

:D... In fact... this mannequin pîctures "Young Karel"....25 years and some 50 pounds ago....
Sorry Karel: it was stronger than myself ! :cool:
Francis

Looks great Karl!! and of course its all in great condition. Its finally good to see a "not scary" mannequin head. I think its a childhood thing, they creeped me out after I saw that movie "Tourist Trap".

Thank you very much for your replies gentlemen!

Tony, I'm sure that you will find one of these on a sunny day... What specificly do you want pictures from?
Larry, I happen to like Seitengewehre to... :-"
Ron, it sure felt good! It's made in 1913...
JR, see below for the picture
Francis, don't you think the moustache is a little bit to short?

Adler

I recognize the set. Glad it went to a good home. If I did not have an identical "neck down' set for 2LHR2 I would bought that when it came available some months ago. I am very pleased you went for it.

I would like to see some more photos of that mannequin head actually (fuzzy hat one of course). Most mannequin heads looks like transsexuals. Which in fine is a guy is into that, but...

This is a really good one and seems to really suit the Leib Husar. Excellent!

Thanks for posting the picture of the inside of the Pelz. We don't get to see the inner workings of helmets very often, what is on the front is just as important of whats on the back in my opinion.

So is it typical for EM TK to have four split prongs? Weitze has a EM TK right now on the site with two prongs and a strange wire metal loop thingy, looks odd to me.

Tony without Kaiser said:
"I would like to see some more photos of that mannequin head actually"

Its a great face! is it modeled after a particular person? its sooo good he almost seems familiar.

Adler said:
Ron, it sure felt good! It's made in 1913...
Hey Karel, if the Busby was made in 1913 (same as the markings on the Attila), this makes it a pre-1915 steel fittings wartime regulations headgear.
Could we classify it as an M1895 like the pickelhauben?

As for the mannequin head, I fully agree: It looks great indeed :bravo: .

Tony, I'll make a few pics of this head for you in a few days...
Ron, sorry, but I understood you meant the Atilla... The busby is made by Hutfabrik Robert Upleger (Danzig) in 1915 and is a model 1895...
JR, this is a private purchase busby, so things can be a little bit different than a Kammerstück... anyway, for me this is a correct Totenkopf. The one herr Weitze has for sale, isn't one I would buy :cool: ...
I bought this mannequin about 15 jears ago for something like 150 euros. It was rather expensive in those days, but I had decided that WW1 uniforms only look good on old mannequins with wax heads. Meanwhile I know these are so hard to find... that's why I have only two mannequins with a wax head.
I don't know who stood model :-" ...
Here are some extra pics of the busby for your enjoyment...

Adler

Best thanks for these photos. :bravo:

A beautiful private purchase Busby !

Here a Totenkopf I think Kammerstück.

Only seen two of these during 44 years collecting.

Hello Mister Adler,

Very nice uniform !!!!! thank you.
Manequin is "TOP"

Another Totenkopf who is different than your's . Kammerstück for this one ?

p1020372l.jpg

By gur2 at 2011-12-01

Look at any photos of a group of Leib Husaren Husars and you will notice they all have the two bone gaps. This indicates that the Kammerstück Totenkopf clearly have the two gaps in the femurs. But so do some private purchase Pelzmütze using the same Totenkopf. I think these are just different makers. This one is unissued.

Leib_Husaren_TK2.jpg

Thank you for your reactions!
I believe Tony already answered your questions 8) ...

Adler

Back