Current happenings in the lovely city of Philadelphia, PA

We should not doubt that those teenagers will, with the help of publicly funded lawyers, claim that their mental capacity was impaired at the time, due to broken homes/substance abuse/the wind blowing in the "wrong" direction/ it being a Tuesday, or something equally unbelievable,- and so be given "Counselling" rather than the full Life sentences they truly deserve - or maybe something a little more extreme.

It isn't just some cities that are on the decline. It is hitting the 'burbs too.

I lived in New York City for almost two decades. My wife and I saw Hell's Kitchen improve, and we later lived in South Harlem and saw the start of its return. Then we moved to Michigan and I live in the house my great uncle bought in the early 1970s. My neighborhood was always known as "Rich Roseville," a nicer part of the blue-collar town.

In recent years I've seen the houses less well kept and the area outside of the neighborhood had gone downhill and I seriously worried about the home values falling. It is heartbreaking to see.

So, as it happens, today my wife and I are closing on a house in Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan. Our property taxes will double, and I'll have a mortgage again, but it is my bet to ensure that my equity isn't lost as I get ever close to "old age." And for a couple of months, I'll have two houses too!

It isn't just some cities that are on the decline. It is hitting the 'burbs too.

I lived in New York City for almost two decades. My wife and I saw Hell's Kitchen improve, and we later lived in South Harlem and saw the start of its return. Then we moved to Michigan and I live in the house my great uncle bought in the early 1970s. My neighborhood was always known as "Rich Roseville," a nicer part of the blue-collar town.

In recent years I've seen the houses less well kept and the area outside of the neighborhood had gone downhill and I seriously worried about the home values falling. It is heartbreaking to see.

So, as it happens, today my wife and I are closing on a house in Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan. Our property taxes will double, and I'll have a mortgage again, but it is my bet to ensure that my equity isn't lost as I get ever close to "old age." And for a couple of months, I'll have two houses too!
Best to move when you can
and you have the funds to do so
some older people who can't afford to move
get "trapped " where they are
Steve

Best to move when you can
and you have the funds to do so
some older people who can't afford to move
get "trapped " where they are
Steve

That is the truth, I used to have to drive through some of the most dangerous parts of Baltimore city and it breaks your heart when you look at the architecture of these once beautiful homes. Most are now boarded up and every once in a while you'll see a poor old soul with with a beautifully kept follow pot who literally has bars on their windows looking out the door like a prisoner.

IMO these are the people who need help from the Government.

That is the truth, I used to have to drive through some of the most dangerous parts of Baltimore city and it breaks your heart when you look at the architecture of these once beautiful homes. Most are now boarded up and every once in a while you'll see a poor old soul with with a beautifully kept follow pot who literally has bars on their windows looking out the door like a prisoner.

IMO these are the people who need help from the Government.
In the past years I would go to the Baltimore Gun Show .
As a group of friends would go out to eat
at Hausner's ( spelling ? ) great inside with the walls lined with original oil paintings
Steve

In the past years I would go to the Baltimore Gun Show .
As a group of friends would go out to eat
at Hausner's ( spelling ? ) great inside with the walls lined with original oil paintings
Steve

Haussner's now thats a name I haven't heard in a long time, the food was good but the art collection was really something they opened back in the 20's and it was a real Baltimore landmark. I remember the stag bar was filed with paintings of beautiful nude women. I remember eating there a few times as a kid and seeing the older gentleman drinking and smoking in the bar and thinking when I get older . Years later when in town I'd swing by for a drink. Lol

When they closed they had a huge auction of the art collection there was some real masterworks there, I have a copy of the auction catalog somewhere.

Didn't they have the Max Show in Baltimore for a few years ?

Haussner's now thats a name I haven't heard in a long time, the food was good but the art collection was really something they opened back in the 20's and it was a real Baltimore landmark. I remember the stag bar was filed with paintings of beautiful nude women. I remember eating there a few times as a kid and seeing the older gentleman drinking and smoking in the bar and thinking when I get older . Years later when in town I'd swing by for a drink. Lol

When they closed they had a huge auction of the art collection there was some real masterworks there, I have a copy of the auction catalog somewhere.

Didn't they have the Max Show in Baltimore for a few years ?
Thanks for memories
It was fun
I think that you are correct ? Maybe there was a Max show there ?
I am not really a fan of the Max
mostly 3rd Reich
I prefer the S O S
Steve

Thanks for memories
It was fun
I think that you are correct ? Maybe there was a Max show there ?
I am not really a fan of the Max
mostly 3rd Reich
I prefer the S O S
Steve
I think there was also a Greenbelt show ?
Steve

Years ago, I went to that MAX Show in Baltimore so yes, it was held there. It took me a 13 hour drive to get to the show BUT 😊 I bought two complete M15 helmets…..a Bavarian and a Wurttemberg. I still own the Wurttemberg, which in my experience is a very rare helmet. Besides mine, I have only seen 2 of these in 40+ years of collecting.

I still own the Wurttemberg, which in my experience is a very rare helmet. Besides mine, I have only seen 2 of these in 40+ years of collecting.

Funny you mention this, I just saw this one sell today for 950 US dollars. Wurettemberg manufacture mark, reproduction strap and in need of correct cockade. But otherwise pretty solid, If you collect Wurettmberg let me know and I can contact you with info on the next one I see, like you mention pretty rare and they don't hang around long. mfg John

DSC00025-30.jpg

DSC00039-6.jpg

Years ago, I went to that MAX Show in Baltimore so yes, it was held there. It took me a 13 hour drive to get to the show BUT 😊 I bought two complete M15 helmets…..a Bavarian and a Wurttemberg. I still own the Wurttemberg, which in my experience is a very rare helmet. Besides mine, I have only seen 2 of these in 40+ years of collecting.
How about a Wurttemberg Dragoon helmet ?
SteveD R 25 a.JPG

Once again Steve, you come up with an even rarer piece! (y) John, in my opinion someone got a great deal on that helmet for $950, perhaps it is just my location here in Canada that makes them rare?? I do remember that I had one before Tony S. though :) Something to note as well, the paint on John's example is more feldgrau than the usual grey that we see more often.

Back