Finally complete

Hello James,

A good work !

I just think the lion is a 115's one, and the star a RBA 18's.
But... Don't worry, some of the RBA18 marked of these helmets were assembled or completed with different parts.

I made some years ago a little reseaarch about these differences.
Here an extract.

Above, a RBA 18
Under, a genuine 115 (pre-war, or pre-1915)

The RBA is not so silvered, seems grey. (I think the quality was lower).
The two parts of the tail are closer
The rays on the star are not the same.
The "stones" are more accentuated.
The lion's paw on the left (above the laurel) is different.

And, of course, the middle of the star never has the little defekt of matrix we often can see on the 115's stars.

Here an over view. (left RBA 18).

If you want, I can show other differences. (spike, leather, etc...)

And... I apologize for my bad English. \:D/

JR your English is great, and thanks for pointing this out, very interesting information.

Yes, if you do not mind, point out the other differences!

I appreciate it all

James

Very interesting indeed. My JR 115 helmet is faintly marked RBA 18 on the rear visor. The wappen though, is of pre war quality. I will post some pictures shortly, so we can compare.

Here is my 115 marked RBA18:

IMG_0529-L.jpg

IMG_0530-L.jpg

IMG_0532-L.jpg

IMG_0533-L.jpg

This helmet was found by a fellow collector 15+ years ago in British Columbia CN. Fortunately he was not a Haube collector and agreed to sell it to me. I never thought that I would ever own one of these! My Hessen M15 with round spike base is also stamped RBA 18. I will post pics of this soon.

IMG_5909-L.jpg

An interior shot, the faint RBA18 marking is on the left side of the rear visor. Note as well, that despite being an RBA helme the spike base fasteners are old style screw post and square nut. The helmet also shows the typical Hessen large support disc for the cruciform base.

Back