Garde Dragoner: Johan Weber

Thanks to all for their kind comments. I wondered about the visor shown in the photo as well, nice to have other members confirm that this is not a Dragoner. I still wish that we could come up with some information on Johan Weber.

Although Neugersdorf is in now in Saxony, the uniform of Johann Weber (eBay) looks Austrian to me.

James ;
I also believe the photo to be of a soldier in the 1st Garde Regt. zu Fuss .
Great photo , but don't match with the helmet .
Steve McFarland

Brian,

Beautiful job as always! Do you have any recommendations for cleaning
fire gilt plates and fittings on officers helmets?

Dennis

The Ebay picture does show an Austrian. The scalloped front pockets and cap are Austrian in design. Dennis, I use Hagerty Silver Foam, a soft toothbrush and water.

b.loree said:
I still wish that we could come up with some information on Johan Weber.

Because Johan (or maybe Johann) WEBER most probably was a OYV before 1897, it is impossible to track him in the 1914-18 Verlustlisten, as he was then certainly more than 40 years old and in the Landsturm, or even no longer service able.

And because he never could have been an active officer, you won´t find him in the Ehrenranglisten in one of the two GDR too...Maybe as a reserve or Landwehr officer (mentioned in some Landwehrbezirk in the Ehrenranglisten), if this guy later got his Reserve-Offizier Patent. But as the name WEBER is very common and because the first names are not mentioned in the Listen, it is quite impossible to find him....

Philippe
:wink:

The helmet is now home and safe and put into it best configuration with Plume (sorry Tony)

thanks again to Brian for his great work.

James

Back