Garde Feld Artillerie in 3 variations

A fantastic trio congratulations! I have never seen that twisted cord in Prussian colours before and obviously each of these pieces is outstanding. 👍

Even that feldgrau helmet has a perfect finish to the front visor .
Great photo .
Brian I did not understand your comment about the twisted cord with Prussian colors ?
I di not see it . What am I missing ?
Steve

If you look at the interior pic of the private purchase helmet, you will see the liner tongues have a black and white cord through them. Squared tongues as well.

Photo question ; We see his collar litzen , but his shoulder straps appear to be without any artillery shell on them ?
Thanks
Steve

Steve - I don’t know much about shoulder straps, but just checked my Moritz Ruhl Die grauen Felduniformen der Deutschen Armee chart for Artillery circa 1910, and it looks like the Garde Fuss Artillerie Regiment had plain shoulder straps with white piping. With apologies for the reflection (it’s framed) see below:

147557FA-7C11-401F-9845-4C568869370F.jpeg

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Very interesting that we may have identified the artillery unit. Is he wearing the M1910 tunic? I know very little about uniforms. By the way, in digitally cropping the photo I cut off the photographer's name and address: Carl Moldt, Pankow Berlinrstr.3. The reverse side of the photo is blank. My references tell me that GFA was garrisoned at Spandau. As Steve mentioned, even the M15's had a real shine to them when they were new. Obviously, like most of you I have handled many hauben but I can only think of two OR's issued helmets that still had a near flawless finish which was close to "the original" shown here in this photo. One was an M95 Prussian and the other is an M95 Wurttemberg pioneer which I will be working on shortly.

One more Garde Feldartillerie item - officer’s cover9AB1A90F-D978-4C85-B3AA-D62FDBBF3145.jpeg with red manoeuvre band. Named to Lt. Georg Wolf Von Tumpling, 4 Garde-Landwehr Feldartillerie Regt. He appears in the 1914 Rangliste.6D423572-6374-4F98-9F2F-F446BF85CD14.jpegAC745717-A88B-497C-999E-594946165624.jpeg

Very interesting that Georg actually had a rubber stamp made up so he could put his name on his belongings, I have never seen that before. Perhaps, he was an only child like myself ? 😊 We tend to be pretty possessive of “our stuff “!

I just joined the forum. Great collection. Here his a picture of my great grandfather (circa 1900) wearing what I think is a
Model 1894 Garde-Fußartillerie (Foot Artillery) Mannschaften issued Pickelhaube which is similar to yours.

Attachments

• Ernst Petschelies.jpg
    Ernst Petschelies.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 36
I just joined the forum. Great collection. Here his a picture of my great grandfather (circa 1900) wearing what I think is a
Model 1894 Garde-Fußartillerie (Foot Artillery) Mannschaften issued Pickelhaube which is similar to yours.
Thanks Stephen and welcome to the forum. Great photo of your great grandfather. The only difference between his Pickelhaube and mine is the chinscales. His are flat, for foot troops, which, of course, is correct for fussartillerie, whereas mine are rounded for mounted troops- in this case field artillery. From his shoulder straps, it looks like he was a member of the Fussartillerie Schiessschule (Shooting School).
All the best
Michael

Thank you for the information. I just received the photo from my mother's cousin who is visiting from Germany. She is pretty sure he was in the Fußartillerie Schießschule (Jüterbog) Garde-Korps. The photo was taken in Jüterbog. She was born in Jüterbog and still lives in the area. She also gave me the attached photo of Ernst. It was taken years later but not sure exactly when. We are assuming WW1. Not wearing a Kugelhelme but any help identifying the uniform would be great.

Attachments

• Ernst (August) Petschelies.jpg
    Ernst (August) Petschelies.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 17
Thank you for the information. I just received the photo from my mother's cousin who is visiting from Germany. She is pretty sure he was in the Fußartillerie Schießschule (Jüterbog) Garde-Korps. The photo was taken in Jüterbog. She was born in Jüterbog and still lives in the area. She also gave me the attached photo of Ernst. It was taken years later but not sure exactly when. We are assuming WW1. Not wearing a Kugelhelme but any help identifying the uniform would be great.
He is wearing a 1915 pattern feldbluse and other rank’s private purchase schirmutze. From the light colour of the cap band and piping (and the 1 on the shoulder strap), I would guess he is now in Train Detachment Nr.1, mid to late WW1.

Back