Grouping Prince Alfons of Bavaria, Chevaulegers Regt. Nr.7

Can you please post more images of your Generals Bluse pictured in the group photo above? I looks great but I sure would like to see the details of the collar and straps.

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Prince-Alfons-of-Bavaria-in-parade-uniform-w-Pickelhaube-saber-RARE-pcd-/121323749026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3f757ea2#ht_2193wt_1190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the link Ed!
Charles, it seems I had lost track of this post, but I'll take pictures soon... aahhhh, finding time to do so...

Adler

Adler said:
Thank you very much Ron!

Adler

You're welcome! Did you stop at a garage sale at Hohenschwangau Schloss and luck out? :wink: I would bet this makes one feel as if Prinz Alfons was a relative or at least a close friend and I'm sure he'd be glad to know his possessions were being so well cared for.

:D Ron

I sure would want to go to a garage sale there, but Prins Alfons didn't live there... I would have to go to Schloss Nymphenburg in Munich...

Adler

Adler said:
I sure would want to go to a garage sale there, but Prins Alfons didn't live there... I would have to go to Schloss Nymphenburg in Munich...

Adler

Nice house he had. When I went there, no garage sale, or even a Floh Markt.... I guess I went on the wrong day.

:D Ron

Hi Adler,

Have a look at lot 702 from Kube's auction on 25th October.

Another visor cap from Prince Alfons. A type which you already have, if I'm not mistaken.

http://create.page2flip.com//preview/68864f4c35aa92517f2a12426084a352mnGtCTcwTdeh/catalog_2747428/index.html#/72" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Garde-Ulan

Thanks for that tip! But as you mentioned yourself... I already have one like that from Prinz Alfons...

Adler

Excellent Karel, just catching up on reading posts today! Any "Collector Story" on how so many Alfons items came into your hands? One last question...were the linings of his helmets and caps all monogrammed with his initial ?

Brian, not a real collector story... it was more kinda accidently...
In 1997 I found the lightweight helmet at a German militaria show. It had the Prinz Alfons monogram inside of course. A year later I bought two uniforms of Alfons at the Max show. During the following years, four other uniforms and a pickelhaube showed up and of course they had to join the rest.
I also found some other items like gloves, books, pictures etc... Maybe it's a special addiction or so #-o ?
Anyway, to answer your second question, all the uniforms and headgear have the Prinz Alfons monogram.

Adler

New to the forum with an interest in Prinz Alfons. Sad that none of the photos are showing up .... 😢

Thank you for your interest guys!
Sandy, that's a really stunning Sabre you have there… now I'm singing this song of Pink Floyd... wish you were here \:D/
It's indeed too bad the original pictures are gone thanks to image shack… but hey, they seem to be coming back :)

Adler

PA 01.jpg

PA 02.jpg

PA 03.jpg

PA 04.jpg

Back