Hello Everyone

Kaiser Wilhelm II

I have been active on this forum for about a week or just over. However it has been brought to my attention that I should introduce myself here. Hello all, I am Mr. Hayden Trumphour, and I am 15 years of age, from Ohio. Needless to say I am quite young. I am, how I might say, obsessed with pickelhauben, I of course have little real world experience, but I do much research and am glad to be among those who I can learn from. I enjoy being around the forum and talking to you all, and seeing your own collections. As of now I am a beginner, I myself have 1 pickelhaube, an 1895 Prussian EM, entry condition. I mainly collect first world war, but I do some minor collecting in other fields. I look forward to being among your ranks. If you've any questions, please ask, I'm happy to answer them.

Thank You.

Welcome here !
Alway's nice to see young guy's becoming a member here, most of us are somewhat older, as you probable saw as well.
Good te see that the field of collecting will continue, it is quite a special field of collecting, our Pickelhaube, and other WW1 related items.

Regards, Coert. (y)

A big official welcome to the forum Hayden (y)

Really happy to see a young man with a healthy obsession in our shared interested.

I remember being 15 and getting a ride to Military Shows from my older brother who also had a bit of a collecting interest at the time.

My first thoughts when looking around where firstly I wish I had more money then the second was look at all these old farts. In 20 years I'll be only person here and will buy all the good stuff for peanuts. It never happened somehow there are always new grey hairs and soon enough you look around and your one of em. :unsure:

Enjoy the ride my young friend, your certainly at the right place to learn all there is to learn about Pickelhauben and its an education you couldn't buy at any price and best of all its free. ;)

Regards John Josef

It is also worthy to note, I am also very knowledgeable on the subject of Imperial German Monarchy, and I know much about it, so that is something else about me if anyone needed or wanted to know.

Knowledge of the Imperial German Monarchy is an excellent start Hayden, even after 40 years of collecting, I can not claim that. The best pickelhaube reference source in English on the net is The Kaiser's Bunker so check that out. The creator of that site Tony S is a longtime member here. Anyway, keep posting and asking questions here, we have a very impressive group of collectors who love to share their knowledge. (y)

Knowledge of the Imperial German Monarchy is an excellent start Hayden, even after 40 years of collecting, I can not claim that. The best pickelhaube reference source in English on the net is The Kaiser's Bunker so check that out. The creator of that site Tony S is a longtime member here. Anyway, keep posting and asking questions here, we have a very impressive group of collectors who love to share their knowledge. (y)
I have known about Kaiser's Bunker for some time, and I will agree that it is a pretty good reference site. Anyhow, thanks a lot. 👍

Hayden thanks to the knowledge of the users you have everything given as if on a platter.Most of us did not have such opportunities at your age.I envy you that you live in such a period that you can improve your knowledge quite easily.I am constantly learning something new and I rather run out of life to say that I already know everything.Regards
Wojtek

Welcome on bord Hayden. It’s always nice to welcome a young and interested collector like you. Don't hesitate to ask questions, there are no stupid questions in our forum :)
Welcome. Sandy in his posting above provides a link to his exceptional web blog researching original period regulations etc. that is worth many visits.

Back