Helmets model 1842 wanted for sale or exchange

Thank you again and again The guard helmet with the white plume is a fantastic piece. There is very little information on the plume trichter for this period. I would like to learn more some time.

Sorry to keep bugging everybody but this is my favorite historical period. The unit that wore this helmet is also unknown to me. Can you say a few more words about it?

Attachments

• Herbert Helmet 5.jpg
    Herbert Helmet 5.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 28
Sorry to keep bugging everybody but this is my favorite historical period. The unit that wore this helmet is also unknown to me. Can you say a few more words about it?
Hello,
in the Book " The Collections of the Military History Museum in Rastatt Castle" the helmet is described:
It is members of the NCO school.

If memory serves, this can be bought when one tours this museum’s collections.

Last edited:
Thank you Herbert for sharing your incredible collection. I too have a fascination with these taller early pickelhauben and the variety of the details and wappen of the different states. I have never before seen these two of your helmets. Would it be possible to see a more detailed photo of each of them. Thank you again for sharing

Attachments

• Herberts Helme - Copy (2).JPG
    Herberts Helme - Copy (2).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5971 - Copy (3).JPG
    IMG_5971 - Copy (3).JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 22
I have never been to Rastatt Steve. My knowledge comes from Tony who has been there.

Thank you Herbert for sharing your incredible collection. I too have a fascination with these taller early pickelhauben and the variety of the details and wappen of the different states. I have never before seen these two of your helmets. Would it be possible to see a more detailed photo of each of them. Thank you again for sharing
Good morning,
both helmets I sold, so I cannot show more photos. Sorry.
One was a policehelmet, the other Oldenburger Generalhelmet and Flügeladjutant to Sachsen Coburg Gotha.

Attachments

• Oldenburg 1.PNG
    Oldenburg 1.PNG
    715.8 KB · Views: 11
Back