Helmets model 1842 wanted for sale or exchange

Thank you Herbert. The attached helmet photo might be of interest to you. The helmet is part of the collections of the Nordschleswig Museum.4d3ed9a94044f5d247d3893005584008.jpg It is described as the helmet of Prinz Friedrich August Prinz von Noer who commanded the insurgent Schleswig Holstein Army at the beginning of the 1848 uprising.

Hello here are the pictures of the book, you can order it direct there.
I have 2 books from Rastatt , both on flags by R. Redlin.
They also put out a bulletin and I bought every back issue
that they had for sale at the time
Steve

Hello here are the pictures of the book, you can order it direct there.
The book is indeed still on their website, and I placed an order for a copy of it there.
Unfortunately I recieved an e-mail this morning from the museum Rastatt, saying that unfortunately they cannot take my order because the book is unavailable. So if members here wanted to buy it from them, like me, it is sold out. Why they still have it for sale on their website I do not know.

Regards, Coert.

I received the Rastatt book from a German seller listed on ABE. This is really an amazing collection. It can be mind-boggling to figure out what states or cities these come from when they appear for sale and this is a first rate quick reference guide specifically for the M42 and M43. Its full of photos. They are black and white but I have kept an archive of on-line auction photos in color for years so that I can look them up in the digital files if I need to. Thank you very much Herbert for calling this volume to my attention.

You are welcome Amy.
I tried it directly from the Rastatt Museum shop. I hope the website is up to date and the book is still available as offered. 6€ would be very cheap for it :)

Yap Euro 6 is indeed very cheap but I just take the easy method out due to my limit in the language so ebay looks more familiar to me lol

I have a m42 reserve helmet coming to me so the book will come in handy

You are welcome Amy.
I tried it directly from the Rastatt Museum shop. I hope the website is up to date and the book is still available as offered. 6€ would be very cheap for it :)
Unfortunately it isn't available at the museum Rastatt any more Sandy, I placed an order there too, but got mail back that the book wasn't available anymore. See post #43 here.

Regards, Coert.

Back