Help identifying the medals I have, please.

EShoreInterest

I cannot seem to find information on these medals/pins that I have. The only thing I know is that they came from a collection held by a WWII U.S. Lt. Col. Can anyone help me?

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
First, I am not a medal collector but I can comment/add a bit of information on the first pin shown. I believe this to be a post war veterans association pin to a Prussian Hussar Regiment. It is Prussian because of the black and white ribbon which are the Prussian State colours. It is Hussar (light cavalry) because hanging from the ribbon is a sabretasche with cypher which was only worn by Hussars. They used these pouches/purses to carry messages and they hung from the belt by leather straps along with the cavalry sabre. I believe the 25 represents perhaps years of service or years of membership in the veterans association. The cypher is entwined FWR which represents Ferederich Wilhelm Rex king of Prussia.

KAGGR#1

Brian is correct on #1
vets badge Husaren regiment
Prussian for sure
25 years service
the sabretasche drop is gold and red
reference might tell you which regiment

# 2 I do not know
# 3 looks like a vets pin for Eisenbahn Regt 11

# 4 I do not know
can you rotate the photo ?
I might can study it more
I collect veterans pins

Steve

KAGGR#1

# 3 could be Russian
I do not their cyphers
was there a unit with E II
that is the cypher for Eisenbahn unit

Any marking on the back ?
That would tell the story
German or Russian
Steve

SkipperJohn

The second one (black and yellow cross) is a WW1 Austro-Hungarian War Aid pin.

Here's another example:
https://www.medals-orders.com/austria/austrian-pins-and-patriotica/austria-hungary-ww1-war-aid-patriotic-cross-wwi-1914-1918-military-medal-austro-hungarian-great-war.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John :)