Help identifying the medals I have, please.

EShoreInterest

I cannot seem to find information on these medals/pins that I have. The only thing I know is that they came from a collection held by a WWII U.S. Lt. Col. Can anyone help me?

First, I am not a medal collector but I can comment/add a bit of information on the first pin shown. I believe this to be a post war veterans association pin to a Prussian Hussar Regiment. It is Prussian because of the black and white ribbon which are the Prussian State colours. It is Hussar (light cavalry) because hanging from the ribbon is a sabretasche with cypher which was only worn by Hussars. They used these pouches/purses to carry messages and they hung from the belt by leather straps along with the cavalry sabre. I believe the 25 represents perhaps years of service or years of membership in the veterans association. The cypher is entwined FWR which represents Ferederich Wilhelm Rex king of Prussia.

Brian is correct on #1
vets badge Husaren regiment
Prussian for sure
25 years service
the sabretasche drop is gold and red
reference might tell you which regiment

# 2 I do not know
# 3 looks like a vets pin for Eisenbahn Regt 11

# 4 I do not know
can you rotate the photo ?
I might can study it more
I collect veterans pins

Steve

# 3 could be Russian
I do not their cyphers
was there a unit with E II
that is the cypher for Eisenbahn unit

Any marking on the back ?
That would tell the story
German or Russian
Steve

The second one (black and yellow cross) is a WW1 Austro-Hungarian War Aid pin.

Here's another example:
https://www.medals-orders.com/austria/austrian-pins-and-patriotica/austria-hungary-ww1-war-aid-patriotic-cross-wwi-1914-1918-military-medal-austro-hungarian-great-war.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John :)

Back