Hi from another Brit with the bug

Drewwerks

I’ve been reading all your brilliant posts over the past couple of weeks (especially the restoration section and Brian’s amazing tutorials) and trying to learn as much as I can before jumping in and buying my first Pickelhaube….

Unfortunately the bug got to me too quick, bought my first one last week and another yesterday.

They’re just beaten up shells with loads of missing parts but I want to try and restore them so if I mess up then I haven’t ruined a priceless heirloom.

I will be bugging everyone here for parts and advice, so sorry in advance.

I started collecting military stuff when I was 12 and I’m now retired so I thought it was about time I found a helmet with a spike as I’ve always been fascinated by them.

Look forward to hanging out here.

Regards

Drew

Welcome on the forum Drew!
We will all help you with advice on your restoration Pickelhaubes. Just open a thread with pictures of your helmets, any markings if present,
and we will tell you what parts you need to complete them. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here, who will comment, and maybe
even have some parts for you.
Enjoy reading as much as you can here!

Regards, Coert.

Hello Drew,
welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to see your 1st Helmet, you're in good company here :)

Welcome Drew, good to have you with us! The forum is an awesome resource, we all enjoy helping new haube collectors. Have fun!

Hi Drew from another Brit. Couple months ago I had no pickelhaubes, now I have two and looking for the third.

Welcome Drew. They're a lot of fun to restore as opposed to steel helmets and in my opinion a lot easier. You'll enjoy it. Wayne

Back