Hollwood, helmets, props, and militaria collecting

Last night I saw parts of a movie "The Love Parade " Looked like Austrian Husaren uniforms
and the male star also worn an odd color Kurassiere koller
Then he later appeared in a koller that looked like Garde du Corp
I remember that Mike Parker got some real Russian Kurassiere kollers
from that Hollywood Military store that sold some of the movie props .
Steve

Hey 911car,

Do you go to the little militaria show in Bellflower on the last Sunday of each month? I normally try to drive up there from Oceanside each month when I am in town.

Bryan

Hey MattS,

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the photo below.

Since I'm back in California right now, I went downstairs and grabbed these out of my closet down there. It should give you an idea of what I meant by the color being "off" on these uniforms so they would work better with the lighting in the old black and white TV shows. Almost a brownish-purple color...

It is after dark here right now and the photo ive attached may not be the best, so if you want me to retake a picture during day time, let me know.

The guy I got these from said that they came from the studios who used to make the old Combat! TV Series. He said he bought them years ago during one of their Lot sales.

I looked at some of the "Germans" in the old show, and frankly, I believe him. The collar leitzen and chest eagles are all mostly hand embroidered by the studios and are not original. That is what it appears to be in the TV show when I watched and was looking closely.

Buttons are mostly just civilian silver colored, although a few have pebbled buttons like German WWII ones. Shoulder boards are all studio made, and most of these have the "bottle green" collars and boards. A couple of the chest eagles look like they might be real, but I don't think the originals were all that rare and collectable back in the 60s, so they just might be.

Bryan.

Attachments

• 20221202_223242.jpg
    20221202_223242.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
Back