Imperial Prussian 1st Garde Regiment zu Fuß EM Pickelhaube 'Semper Talis'

nzef1940

Subject to better images, thoughts appreciated.

Chinstrap should be silver scale etc, repro national cockade and chinstrap.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC04845.jpg
    DSC04845.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC04848.jpg
    DSC04848.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC04851.jpg
    DSC04851.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC04850.jpg
    DSC04850.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC04849.jpg
    DSC04849.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC04847.jpg
    DSC04847.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC04846.jpg
    DSC04846.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Thanks I did see your superb helmets while trying to research.

I also noted the difference in finish on the banner, the helmet is not expensive, I will post better images when I have it in hand.

For the price I don’t understand why there would be an attempt to deceive or are the banner components readily available?

I also noted the difference in finish on the banner, the helmet is not expensive, I will post better images when I have it in hand.

For the price I don’t understand why there would be an attempt to deceive or are the banner components readily available?
I have seen these banners for sale at ebay.de.
I do like the helmet, but have my doubts about the Semper Talis banner.

Thanks, I don’t have my reference book to hand but seem to remember the banner was introduced 1887?

I am reasonably certain that this helmet is pieced together, I believe this is the 3rd site I've seen it on? Never once has it brought the price you'd expect to see for one of these.

I am reasonably certain that this helmet is pieced together, I believe this is the 3rd site I've seen it on? Never once has it brought the price you'd expect to see for one of these.

It sat for sale all week, a lot of eyes have seen and passed on it.

The seller explained it this way "The garde eagle wappen front plate with its “Semper Talis” banner shows an uncleaned patina".

Looking forward to seeing and hearing what is posted when in hand. As always, I wish the buyer all the best.

Could be a steal or could be a $1350.00 regret. I am hoping for the steal. (y)

It sat for sale all week, a lot of eyes have seen and passed on it.

The seller explained it this way "The garde eagle wappen front plate with its “Semper Talis” banner shows an uncleaned patina".

Looking forward to seeing and hearing what is posted when in hand. As always, I wish the buyer all the best.

Could be a steal or could be a $1350.00 regret. I am hoping for the steal. (y)
Hopefully it ends up being a steal! If it is you'll be having the same struggle I am with looking for silver chinscales.

No, even the banner by its self would be very hard to find
I have seen only one banner lose from a helmet in 53 years and I bought it
and I still have it
Copies of the banner could be made
That's just my opionion
let 's see what the other collectors think
Steve

Yes , the silver , flat scales will be a killer to find
if the helmet is to be completed
Steve
I believe a set was available on French or German ebay not long ago, but I passed them up as I needed curved ones for my DR.24 helmet.

I believe a set was available on French or German ebay not long ago, but I passed them up as I needed curved ones for my DR.24 helmet.
If you see them
Buy them
as sooner or later you might need them
even if you don't end up needing
they would be great trading stock to another collector
a lot of collectors like myself who didn't see them
Steve

Reactions: USN
If you see them
Buy them
as sooner or later you might need them
even if you don't end up needing
they would be great trading stock to another collector
a lot of collectors like myself who didn't see them
Steve
I do occasionally buy parts like that when I have the extra cash to throw at them but unfortunately did not at the time.

I am getting cold feet….

What do you think price range if banner is bad ( as appears likely), but rest of helmet is ok, just ‘pimped up’ with the banner?

If everything else on the helmet is still correct then it still has the potential to be a garde pioneer helmet which I would think we be valued at around 1000 maybe a little less, you'd need to swap that mismatched spike stud as well though.

I am getting cold feet….

What do you think price range if banner is bad ( as appears likely), but rest of helmet is ok, just ‘pimped up’ with the banner?
It seems that it is for sale on EBay
I did not follow the sale
Who is the seller ( not some much his name , but does he have 100 % feedback ? Will he take a return ?)
without the banner , it is a silver Garde helmet
It could be other regiments ?
the liner is not great
someone wrote about $ 1350 ?
around that to maybe $ 1,500 if the S T banner is not good
does the spike unscrew for parade bush ?
I did not see a Kammer issue stamp
Steve

Back