Imperial Prussian 1st Garde Regiment zu Fuß EM Pickelhaube 'Semper Talis'

If everything else on the helmet is still correct then it still has the potential to be a garde pioneer helmet which I would think we be valued at around 1000 maybe a little less, you'd need to swap that mismatched spike stud as well though.
Garde Pioneer ; Eisenbahn units and others
Here are some of my silver Garde units
I need to study my reference for the color of the side lugs
SteveE R 1.jpgE R 2.JPGE R 3.jpgE R 2 Kammer.JPGE R 2  both.JPG

Who is the seller ( not some much his name , but does he have 100 % feedback ? Will he take a return ?)
The seller is Daniel Griffin from griffinmilitaria.com. He’s a trusted militaria dealer especially in the US field which he specializes in, but as you can see, he also sells European militaria. He offers a 3-day return policy for any issue other than the size of the item.

Thats the same helmet, notice the damage to the liner, the same spike base stud that's mismatched, the wear to the chinstrap, also the semper talis scroll. Emedals has had that for sale for a while and has dropped the price at least 2 times since they originally got it in with a large collection of questionable pickelhauben.

Thats the same helmet, notice the damage to the liner, the same spike base stud that's mismatched, the wear to the chinstrap, also the semper talis scroll. Emedals has had that for sale for a while and has dropped the price at least 2 times since they originally got it in with a large collection of questionable pickelhauben.
Well the plot thickens
I know the Griffin site and yes IMO he is to be trusted
It does look like the same helmet
IMO a helmet from the regiment with Semper Talis Banner at that price is too good to be true
I mainly look at Griffin form shoulder straps & epaulettes
I have not looked at his helmets for some time
If the banner is not correct
it's still a silver trim Prussian Garde unit
Steve

He sells great Regimental Steins, my main purchases from his site, found this by mistake.......
If you are regretting your decision then I would suggest emailing him, he is very fair and I'm sure would give you a refund and change the description once it's relisted. He usually does a good job with his imperial stuff imo. He has some other great examples currently available.

If you are regretting your decision then I would suggest emailing him, he is very fair and I'm sure would give you a refund and change the description once it's relisted. He usually does a good job with his imperial stuff imo. He has some other great examples currently available.
Thanks, already done.

Interesting that the description on the Emedals site made no mention at all of the "Semper Talis" banner despite going into great detail on every other feature?

Interesting that the description on the Emedals site made no mention at all of the "Semper Talis" banner despite going into great detail on every other feature?
I noticed that also and I thought the same thing
Steve

Will stick to buying via AOK (Unless Amy has already bought everything ;))....
During the Civil War in the 1860's , we ( The Confederates ) had a Cavalry General
who rose from the enlisted ranks to the rank of General .His name of Nathan Bedford Forrest.
His motto to his men was "Get there Firstest with the Mostest "
and also " Strike First "
Amy must have read about General N.B. Forrest and his Forrest Cavalry Corp
That seems to be her motto also
My Great Grandfather was a member 7th Tenn. Cavalry CSA
Steve

Back