Imperial Russian Army

Peter_Suciu

Well, technically, this is recent finds as opposed to a find. This my new Russian Imperial Army WWI display. The tunic and cap came from the collection of Ron Northrop, a good friend who passed last year. I knew Ron for 20+ years and he will be missed. His collection came up for auction, and much like Bill Combs' sentiment - I'd rather have Ron around than new items for my collection. But I think Ron would be happy that this went to a good home.

The M1915 "Adrian" helmet I picked up at SOS, and the conscious is that it is legit. It has the early pattern liner, and the badge seems correct. The bandoleer I bought at the OVMS show yesterday. Unfortunately, the Imperial Russian Army stamps had been blurred out by the Red Army likely in the 1920s, but it is a WWI one for sure.

I'm really pleased with this collection, and I will think of Ron and the times we talked about military history when I enjoy it.ImperialRussianArmy.jpg

Oh, and the flag is "period." I bought a collection of old flags and found out they were produced for the Chicago Great Exhibition of 1893. Technically, it was probably made in the USA but it was sold at the Russian pavilion. Someone must have bought a number of the flags as I have around a dozen from different countries.

Imperial Russian artifacts aren't often seen so thanks for posting.

I recall a collector friend in Ottawa who collected Imperial Russian officers badges and badges made for the Cadet schools. Fabulous and very ornate jewellers workmanship. I was always very impressed with them.

Again, a piece of History which I have only seen in period B/W photos or movies. Congratulations Pete.

Beautiful set, congratulations! I have only two photos from that period. One is interesting because one of the captives wears a death hussar buckle.Regards.

Attachments

• DSC07768.JPG
    DSC07768.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC07782.JPG
    DSC07782.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC06789.JPG
    DSC06789.JPG
    828.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC06790.JPG
    DSC06790.JPG
    802.4 KB · Views: 21
Congratulations to you! A very rare thing! Can I take a closer look at the shoulder straps, from both sides? Shoulder straps are better than a protective color

Well, technically, this is recent finds as opposed to a find. This my new Russian Imperial Army WWI display. The tunic and cap came from the collection of Ron Northrop, a good friend who passed last year. I knew Ron for 20+ years and he will be missed. His collection came up for auction, and much like Bill Combs' sentiment - I'd rather have Ron around than new items for my collection. But I think Ron would be happy that this went to a good home.

The M1915 "Adrian" helmet I picked up at SOS, and the conscious is that it is legit. It has the early pattern liner, and the badge seems correct. The bandoleer I bought at the OVMS show yesterday. Unfortunately, the Imperial Russian Army stamps had been blurred out by the Red Army likely in the 1920s, but it is a WWI one for sure.

I'm really pleased with this collection, and I will think of Ron and the times we talked about military history when I enjoy it.View attachment 34985
Congratulation Peter. This is a rare uniform to find nowaday. I like your display.

Back