• s-l400 (1).png
    s-l400 (1).png
    219.6 KB · Views: 26
  • s-l400 (2).png
    s-l400 (2).png
    287.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi Thatsecondguy,
Welcome to the forum.
Imo an M15 helmet, with iron fittings (is the eagle on the front magnetic?).
The shell looks original, but there is a strip of something on the inside at the back that shouldn't be there, maybe you can show a better picture of the whole inside?
The eagle on the front might be real too, if you can show the backside it might be easier to determine.
The chin strap and the Kokarde look like reproductions, and spike is missing (which is not critical, the spikes weren't worn in the field by the time this model came out).
If you can show pictures of the inside of the front and back peaks, that could also help as well.
Regards,
Lars

Hi Thatsecondguy,
Welcome to the forum.
The shell looks original, but there is a strip of something on the inside at the back that shouldn't be there, maybe you can show a better picture of the whole inside?
The eagle on the front might be real too, if you can show the backside it might be easier to determine.
The chin strap and the Kokarde look like reproductions, and spike is missing (which is not critical, the spikes weren't worn in the field by the time this model came out).
If you can show pictures of the inside of the front and back peaks, that could also help as well.
Regards,
Lars
Let me disagree with this sewn strip.I repaired an m15 and such a strip was present to strengthen the structure?

Attachments

• DSC05248.JPG
    DSC05248.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC05287.JPG
    DSC05287.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Hi Thatsecondguy,
Welcome to the forum.
Regards,
Lars

Hi Thatsecondguy,
Welcome to the forum.
Regards,
Lars
Hi Lars, thank you for replying, but sadly these are all the pictures i have of the inside, ill be asking the seller if he can send some more if its needed

Attachments

• s-l400 (3).png
    s-l400 (3).png
    270.8 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l400 (2).png
    s-l400 (2).png
    287.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi Thatsecondguy,
Welcome to the forum.
Regards,
Lars
Hello Lars, i have recieved more photos of the inside, i hope this helps you solve my question
Regards,
Thatsecondguy

Attachments

• $_1.jpeg.jpg
    $_1.jpeg.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for the photos, that really helps.
Like I said, the shell looks original, and quite worn down. The liner looks like a modern replacement, that is poorly sown into the shell, but as only parts are visible in the photos I can't confirm that. The iron fitting in field grey look original, whether they belong to this helmet or have been transferred to the helmet later (i.e. in modern times) I can't tell, but at least they fit the helmet and have a similar shade / patina. The stitching on the peaks seems to be loose, again, not easy to tell with these photos. As already mentioned, the chin strap and the cockades are modern replacements, although the metal of the chin strap might be original.
What worries me is that good pictures of all the "bad" parts are missing, which comes across as deceptive.
The helmet is a mix of old and modern, with quite some concerns from what I can see.
With the apparent state that the helmet is in, and the lack of better pictures of the complete helmet, I would say that if you can buy it very cheap you might go for it, but I wouldn't buy it myself.
Regards,
Lars

Thank you for the photos, that really helps.
Like I said, the shell looks original, and quite worn down. The liner looks like a modern replacement, that is poorly sown into the shell, but as only parts are visible in the photos I can't confirm that. The iron fitting in field grey look original, whether they belong to this helmet or have been transferred to the helmet later (i.e. in modern times) I can't tell, but at least they fit the helmet and have a similar shade / patina. The stitching on the peaks seems to be loose, again, not easy to tell with these photos. As already mentioned, the chin strap and the cockades are modern replacements, although the metal of the chin strap might be original.
What worries me is that good pictures of all the "bad" parts are missing, which comes across as deceptive.
The helmet is a mix of old and modern, with quite some concerns from what I can see.
With the apparent state that the helmet is in, and the lack of better pictures of the complete helmet, I would say that if you can buy it very cheap you might go for it, but I wouldn't buy it myself.
Regards,
Lars
Thank you Lars, i really appriciate you took time and effort to review the pictures and tell me the helmets flaws. Im not the best at indentifing such helmets thus this was really helpful. And again thank you for writing a detailed review.
Regards,
Thatsecondguy

Back