J-L.Larcade Auction. 28th Jan 2023. Nevers. France

Khukri

Today at 2pm the Auction started. Prices were low. Very low. Nice helmets. Loads of Documentation/books... Happy to aquire two helmets and some of the Master's study material. About 60 helmets, tschako, tschapka, edged weapons, a load of Schirmmützen and Feldmützen. Shoulderboards, Epaulets.

Last edited:
I found the prices mixed. Some helmets sold very cheaply, other prices were surprisingly high for me.
I'm very happy to got 2 of his personal info folders and I hope they contain a few sources that I don't know yet.

I found the prices mixed. Some helmets sold very cheaply, other prices were surprisingly high for me.
I'm very happy to got 2 of his personal info folders and I hope they contain a few sources that I don't know yet.
The Oldenburg Dragoner went for 4700 Euro. I think.

Maximilian II

Attachments

• lot.jpeg
    lot.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 29
  • lot (55).jpeg
    lot (55).jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 28
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 6
  • C''.jpg
    C''.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 6
  • C'.jpg
    C'.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 17'.jpg
    17'.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 4
  • C'.jpg
    C'.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 5
  • C''.jpg
    C''.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 7
The Württemberg FAR Offz has the one star with sprongs [not washer/nut] at the back missing. So looking for one... But on the other hand...It must have been ok for "The Master";-J-L Larcade himself...when he aquired this Offz Kugelhelm; without the star...having it in his collection for so long..... so why bother...

Last edited:
Now it seems the auction house is not revealing the results list.. Who has taken note on these.. Thank you!

I missed the live auction so wasn't able to see how much stuff sold for. Did anyone notice how much the LeibKurassier helmets sold for? I bid on a couple smaller things and managed to get a Mecklenburg-Schwerin dragoon officer's cartridge case for a decent price.lot.jpg

I was late accessing so lost the opportunity to get a few that I would have raised my bid had I been able to see the top bids that were just over mine. A few went for way more than I had anticipated and some very nice went rather cheap imo. Once I got onto the live auction I was able to get one decent artillery helmet. It’ll be my first Artillery helmet.

Last edited:
Back