J-L.Larcade Auction. 28th Jan 2023. Nevers. France

This morning I mailed them and asked for the Results list. Here it is. Prices are Euro's. Auction Tax of 23% [+eventually an extra 1,8% "Live" tax] Included. To know what the Hammer price was: Dividend/Divisor = Quotient. The sum in the list; divided by factor 1,248=will show you the Hammer price.

Attachments

• résultats vente 28-01.pdf
    42.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I found the prices mixed. Some helmets sold very cheaply, other prices were surprisingly high for me.
I'm very happy to got 2 of his personal info folders and I hope they contain a few sources that I don't know yet.
I went through the results list of the helmets. Really low. Even for 1870-1871 battlefield finds...The GdC and Garde Kürassier helmets.

Now bit by bit translating-French to English-the descriptions to the 59 helmet Lots. Sometimes interesting notes by Mr. J-L. Larcade on certain pieces of headgear.

This morning I mailed them and asked for the Results list. Here it is.
Thank you Francis. After an auction it’s interesting to see what sold for what. However, it seems the auction and images are gone. At least, I cannot find them now. I have been trying for a while to find a good JzP in silver, but once again, I missed the two on this auction.

Thank you Francis. After an auction it’s interesting to see what sold for what. However, it seems the auction and images are gone. At least, I cannot find them now. I have been trying for a while to find a good JzP in silver, but once again, I missed the two on this auction.
You can still find the catalogue on the auctioneers website in past auctions. I have copied the link below:

Hope that helps.
All the best
Michael

And that link with the results list I posted a bit higher you have an idea. Good prices for an Auction. And a few helmets with history. I was a nanosecond late for a bid on the very very first Stabs-Ordonnanzen/J z Pf helmet. It went for ONLY crazy 1300,- Euro.. Grrrrr....Lot Nr. 17.But, I'm happy to have two helmets at a very good price and many/all but one of The Master's Kavallerie Study folders. I missed the one on the Kurasse. Who knows....with a bit of luck the winner on that folder on the armour reads this....?

Last edited:
Please do watch Lot Nr. 36.

Prussian Line Infantry helmet; M1867 for Other Ranks.

Shell, neck guard and visor in leather, with brass fittings. Chinstraps with flat, brass scales. Reichs/Imperial Kokarde is attached at the right hand side post. The Helmet Wappen/front plate has the typical attachment system for this helmet pattern. The eagle has two metal “tongues” that slide into two metal profiles that are fixed to the helmet shell. In between these the long vertical stitch is visible. (originaly at the back of the shell)... Leather liner. The shell is the one of an old M1857 or M1860 that had been reused/cut, reversed. The “old” round holes for the Wappen/plate have been filled by using leather patches. Now on the back. A fine example of recuperation by Prussian intendancy and administration. It will be this new helmet pattern that will equip the Prussian Armies during the 1870 War. This helmet is pictured in the J-L LARCADE Volume I book on The German Armies Foot Troops. [pages 15 and 16]. It went for....1380,-Euro.....

Last edited:
The Württemberg FAR Offz has the one star with sprongs [not washer/nut] at the back missing. So looking for one... But on the other hand...It must have been ok for "The Master";-J-L Larcade himself...when he aquired this Offz Kugelhelm; without the star...having it in his collection for so long..... so why bother...
Correct and congratz , still love these Württ-helmets.
Went through the list as well, was very helpful, thank you(y).

Lot 17:
Helmet for the Linien/Line Jäger zu Pferde Abteilungen/Detachments, M1897; Other Ranks

The steel shell has a matt black “bronzed” finish; with brass fittings. The leather chinstrap is attached to the Knopf M91 side posts. Reichs Kokarde at the right hand side. The Prussian Land Kokarde at the left side. Linien/Line Adler/eagle pattern front plate/ Wappen. Marking size “57” is stamped into the brass neck guard trim. The shell has no extra-holes. Leather liner. Representative regular helmet for the first Abteilungen Jäger zu Pferde, created on Order by his Majesty Kaiser Wilhelm II: subordinated to the I., XIV., XV. And XVII. Armee Korps/Army Corps of the Prussian Army at the restructuration of the Imperial Army. Rare piece of headgear; worn by the troopers of the Stabsordonnanzen/Staff Orderlies Platoons during the Great War. In good condition.lot (2).jpeglot (6).jpeglot (5).jpeg

In the Auction on the J-L Larcade collection I missed the folder on the Ulanen. Who knows...Is the winner a user on this fine Forum??

Last edited:
Back