JR 93 Anhalt

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I have been after one of these Anhalt wappen for at least 15 years. I managed recently to win one in a French auction and it was delivered today. The workmanship and condition are excellent! Here are the photos:
IMG_1951.JPG
Reverse:
IMG_1950.JPG

Brian ;
Great ! Super nice " mint " condition .I hope it fits your helmet .Give us a report when
you have the time
Steve

Yes Bruno vive la France! The only issue I had as mentioned was the shipping company requesting Bank Transfer for their fees. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and they let me use PayPal. Unfortunately, this wappen will not fit my M95 helmet marked to JR 93.....too small. This wappen appears to me to have never been issued as it is quite curved.... almost like straight out of the stamping machine. I do not want to risk trying to spread the wings, even then I doubt the loops would fit in the grommet holes. The square nuts holding the 2 piece white metal star and shield will not turn off completely from the soldered screw posts. The nuts have been put on tight and then the screw posts have been clipped so the nuts will not come off the posts. Tony tells me he has discovered this issue on several wappen in his collection. It sort of makes sense, clipping the posts like that means the nuts can't be lost. Either way this wappen is a super nice piece and I am very pleased with it. I intend to live at least another 20 years so perhaps another larger, flatter JR 93 will come my way! :) My thanks to all for their kind words.

Brian ;
Idea ;
a small plastic holder that the I R 93 front plate will fit on so that it
stands upright .Place it next to your helmet not as good as if it had fit
but the next best thing . The plate next to the helmet .
I have done this with officers epaulettes next to helmets .
Still a nice display .
Steve

Back