Kaiser is gone!

From the images in the Memorial Tribute to Kaiser, it is clear that Kaiser totally bonded with you and thought himself not as a dog but a smaller human - perhaps assistant museum custodian and co-pilot in your life? He lived a safe and secure life with very few worries and cares - what would his life have been with anyone else who might have cared for him less? Lucky dog who knew how good his life was - and gave equally in return.

Both of our Shelties left us many years ago and my wife was never able to adjust to accept a new puppy because of the feeling of loss. Coming home from work after our dogs were first gone - the house was very quiet. However, in late November 2010 we inherited a new dog via "the back door" with the return of our son from out of province. He brought his Mastiff-Shepherd cross one year old puppy Odin with him. At first, we were someone apprehensive with our new guest - quite a change from Shelties to a Mastiff cross.

Suffice to say, while Odin has managed to scratch some of the new hardwood floor; he can now sleep on our bed - the sure sign that the Lady of the House has accepted him fully. Had my son and/or myself scratched the hardwood, we would have been fixed by the vet or worse. We now have a big dog with a very happy disposition but very protective of his human family.

In closing, Kaiser is gone but Kaiser is also remembered. Could he have experienced a better home than yours - clearly not? Perhaps, someday another little fellow in need of a very good home will come into your life - not to replace Kaiser but to compliment him. Kaiser wanted you to be happy during his life-time and would certainly wish more happiness to you in the future. If you are a “dog person” (certain this is true for other pets) you already know about the special communication between the species - there is a spiritual connection.

Monumentum Kaiser Meus Amicus

Borden Battery

Back