Karl the Saxon

Spiker

This is Karl the Saxon ,
He was here in Flanders in 1917 ,in a regiment that was almost completely whipped out after every campaign ,till reinforcements came...
The 242 reserve infanterie regiment ....

dscn0122wg.jpg

With the exception of a few buttons (inside),everything is original , yes even the trousers . :happy3:
( The name Karl ... is inside the tunic)

Thanks gentlemen,
I was aiming for a pose fort this soldier, like the ones we know from those old pictures,
but no mannequin has these open hands , so I sculpted them myself, and also the head .

dscn5950.jpg

Hi,

very very nice! What is the bar you are using? It looks like the Hindy with swords. That was instituted in 1933, so an ek2 bar or something white-green-white from Sachsen would be more appropriate.

Best regards,
Michel

Hey,
I though Karl the saxon felt a little bit lonely....
Here is some good company, Wilhelm the prussian, 3. Kompanie IR 173 waiting at the Gulasch-Kanone after a rough week in the Argonne forest, summer of 1915.... (Head and mannequin self made too :D )
Philippe :salute:

Brilliant !!! :eek:ccasion5:
Wilhelm looks more battle-hardened then Karl ,this is great ,any other lonely soldiers out there ?

Herman the Hun in his dugout. I tried to capture the mood by playing with the camera settings, but without a tripod and well..I`m no photographer, but you get the idea.

herman1t.jpg

The pick hes holding was found in a dug out and I remade the handle based on measurements taken from period pictures, I`m not sure its 100% correct but it displays well. Hes wearing a camo m16 with stirnpanzer, but it dosn`t show in the pic at all. Most of what you can see in the pic is original, some found in dugouts (the stove `feldofen` and some of the bottles) The floor is covered in a mixture of chalk and ash from a dugout on the somme.

The dugout is made from nicely worn timber pulled out of the river over the years and several old fence panels.

herman2r.jpg

It normally has a sheet of perspex over the front with a dehumidifier going flat out, even so there is a bit of mold in there and he needs a good dust and clean up.

Crazy collectors!! Those mannequins would scare the hell out of most people. Well done to you all.

Spiker said:
Thanks gentlemen,
I was aiming for a pose fort this soldier, like the ones we know from those old pictures,
but no mannequin has these open hands , so I sculpted them myself, and also the head .

3556662101.jpg
2303973811.JPG
Nice work, great collection!
|<ris

Wow, a very authentic Display, all things matches together !

Last month i got some boards from the RIR 242
and in my collection are some Kameraden of Karl

Regards Bolle

Back