Karl the Saxon

Hi ....little update

I gave my two mannequins Wax heads.
There’s just something about wax that paint can’t achieve.
These heads are more than hundred years old, so they match the look of a WWI soldier.

dscn6158h.jpg

dscn6159h.jpg

Hey Spiker,
by the hell, where did you got those wax heads?? They look good!! Are they expensive?
I think they also have a very light weight, do they have?
Do they "grow" only in Belgium and you and Karel are the only lucky guys wo are harvesting them ???? :wink:

Philippe

Spiker said:
There’s just something about wax that paint can’t achieve.

Well, I think this is more a matter of the wax own characteristic that´s giving a smooth and discreet shine to surfaces which are made of it or which have been treated / polished with , than the paint itself... :cool:

Wax or bee wax solution (that I use myself) are really pretty well simulating the dermatological process of a tinge of perspiration that permanent slightly covers the human skin to protect it from drying out. :)

Philippe

Adler said:
I see you ride the right roads!

Adler
Thanks Karel ,I’m trying… I’m trying ,…although I don’t have a GPS… :-k

Well Philippe, your heads come very close to the looks of a wax, so there’s no need for me to
tell you where I grow these. :D
The weight is comparable with that of a fat candle , so no ,I would not call them very light.
But expensive they are, they are antiques, and everything antique and in good condition costs a lot.

RON said:
I think Herr Wiepie deserves a promotion... Oberst maybe? :)
Well thanks for the promotion Ron, maybe it is time for your best friend to enlist as well.

sdoge.jpg

I wish!!! I lost him to blood cancer in late 2007; he was 10... But I appreciate the photo nevertheless. :)

Is that an M15 Lachmann by the way? (everyone on this Forum knows I'm looking for one...)

Sorry to hear your dog is already gone Ron .
It could be a Lachmann ,I don’t know. The maker of this helmet did not bother putting a hersteller stamp in there ,just the size in the rear flap.

e-bay has one for sale ,but it is in bad shape ;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320988052971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spiker said:
It could be a Lachmann ,I don’t know.
Lachmann Kürassier helmets are very easy to make out. Only Lachmanns have their rear tail drooping down at almost 90 degrees.

Philippe

They are in fact the nicest...

I did spot the Lahmann on eBay but in addition to the bad shape/rust and the missing chinstrap, it has the wrong spike and a line wappen...

RON said:
They are in fact the nicest...

I did spot the Lahmann on eBay but in addition to the bad shape/rust and the missing chinstrap, it has the wrong spike and a line wappen...

The spike and wappen look a lot like the one Weitze is selling ;

https://www.weitze.net/detail/37/Preussen_Helm_feldgrau_fuer_Mannschaften_der_Kuerassiere__163237.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Karl is now equipped with an M18 Camo ,a stick grenade , a Gummi mask and a bullet belt (stosstrupen patronentaschegurte )
The Gummi is in good flexible condition ,which is important if you want to slip it on to a mannequin.

karl2s.jpg

Thanks Ron !

Also found a “ dienstglas” , it is well used ,but that’s how I like em. :)
The strap on the bottom is often gone , very useful though ,if you want to duck or sneak true the field
without banging your bino’s to the ground.

dscn6429q.jpg

dienstglas.jpg

Adler said:
Nice! Did you notice the two stirnpanzers that the guys on the left are wearing?

Adler

Interesting! Are they all wearing them? I think the visor angle maybe hides the lower edge of the armor on the top fellows? I can't see side lugs, that's what makes me wonder.

:D Ron

Adler said:
Nice! Did you notice the two stirnpanzers that the guys on the left are wearing?

Adler

Yes they are all wearing the stirnpanzer,I think they had to look out and guard the trench.

Back