Latest find after the S O S 2021 Hessian I R 117 ersatz

I have seen them for 100 Euros.
I would not be willing to pay that for this piece though.
Too many questions (non-serrated).

John

Thanks .
Yes so far as Mr. Albert Francis Sinatra sang "It was a very good year "
and also I had a help from my friends
Steve

Hello,
Not so uncommon to see such "Bremen pattern" cockades, mostly on war fabrication hessian helmets, serrated or not.
On another french forum, this fact has been admitted for long. We can see those particularities from time to time. I would not take this cockade apart from this helmet!!! 😧 I am pretty sure that it belongs to it!

Another exemple from Weitze (even if Weitze is well known to sometimes sell some very suspects helmets)

john.jpg

Philippe
;)johnn1.jpg

Last edited:
Final word on the " Hessian " kokard from my I R 117 helmet .
The Correct replacement arrived and is on my helmet .
I removed the one the one in question and about to
return it to the seller .
before I will send it back
I did a scan of the front and back .
Saxon style .V notch ;white ; red ; white
I offered to buy it but the seller was not interested in selling .
SteveKokard from I R 117 f.jpegKokard from I R 117 b.jpeg

I agree with you Coert.
It seems; however, that every time I think I know the answer something new comes along.
I recently found this Kokarde listed as Hessen:

ANACEit.jpg

It is unusual and could be Bremen or Hessen or fake. I don't know.
If it is Hessen it could be the same kind Steve has. The small inner red ring would be covered up by the M91 chinstrap fastener.
I don't own anything Hessen, and I didn't buy this Kokarde, so I have nothing to compare it to.

John
So just curious what the opinions are on this kokarde? Hessen late war, Bremen? Strange that it has that inner red line if it is Bremen.

Were there any Hessen kokarde in this style (i.e. serrated?)

Hi, without opening a can of worms and apologies for coming late to this thread but I also have a 1915 kammer struck Hessian with the single red ring cockade, it does not have the v cut of Steve's though...........

Some pictures attached along side a couple of spares I picked up over the years. The Bremen cockade has had a Lubeck cross painted on it, I never considered it original and thought maybe it had been enhanced post war ?

cheers

Tony

h1.jpgh2.jpgh3.jpgh4.jpgh5.jpgh6.jpgh7.jpgh8.jpgh9.jpg

Back