MG 08 maintenance

Aside from the nice MGs, it looks like there are two felt helmets here with lacquered visors.

either they are lackered or those visors are vulkan fiber, that might olso be a possibilaty

nice detail you discovered

jonas

The disc is to hide the flash from the actual gun crew, not the target.
Mark

Spiker said:
ebeeby said:
kaiser said:
where do you even find these nice foto's
that 'thing' mountet on the front of the mg what is that
is that for cooling or anything

jonas

Maybe a kind of flash suppressor?

That makes sense, it’s what I would do, you don’t want to give away your position.

Spiker could we combine the existing MG08 thread with your excellent thread too? Please let me know..
I have the MG08/15 thread so would be nice to call it MG08?

Brian the Moderator do you have any objections please?
Both threads perfect for each other and then any ground MG material could go in either thread?
Mark

Mark ,there are several reacquiring topics on long lasting forums, new members join, others leave, it is inevitable that more than one topic will handle the same subject.
It would be a lot of work for Brian if he was to regroup all of these similar topics, so, for me it is not really necessary, but if more people think this is a good idea, go ahead. :)

I was looking at this picture when Jonas was asking what that thing was for.

I think combining does add value, so that we have a 'one stop shop' for the weapon systems. You are right of course people can start any thread they want but its good for study, easy to follow, having all MG08 and all MG08/15 in their own threads, if not too much work for Brian. I am not a web site expert but it should be easy to place together. By all means be the author/initiator if you wish.
Hope that helps and I standby for other comment and from the Moderator too of course!
ps nice MG you have.
Mark

Battle damage to the wing of the sled mount too, but I am interested in the milled arch sight stem...like the L vickers as a weight saving measure. Does anybody have any other images of this stem on a MG08?

Spiker said:
MG with patchwork

I wish people could restore the photos to this..... since photobucket pulled the plug this thread is useless.....

KABAR2 you will need to speak to SPIKER. I have kicked off an MG08 and MG08/15 thread below and those images seem to have survived. Having said that all my images that 'repaired' the thread appear to have gone too....and they were not Photobucket!!

Back